Chapter 11: Rejection

The girls greet Zaylon and hop in the car. Debo stands at the door and watches them. He mean mugs Zaylon. "Yo, what's his problem?" Zaylon asks. "Oh, him? He's just a lil overprotective. He's like my brother. Don't worry about him" Jayda says. Zaylon greets Debo, giving him an upward head nod. Debo does it back. "You look stunning" He says to Jayda as he kisses her on the cheek. Debo breathes heavily. He looks at Debo once more then drives off. Debo goes inside and slams the door. "Yo, Deebs I been looking for you. Come hoop with us!" Chris says, bouncing a basketball. Debo yanks his wife beater off, throws it on the table and sits down. He folds his hands and buries his head on top of them. He then moves his leg up and down in a fast pace. "Bro, you good?" Chris asks. Debo nods. "Yea, why you ask?" "Your body language, you look like you want to rip someone head off" Chris says. "Nah, I'm good. Just a lil nauseous" Debo replies. "You still want to get a game real quick?" Chris asks. "Yea, fasho" Debo says. He stands up and grabs the ball. They head to the front yard, where the basketball hoop is. A moment later, Debo sits on the bench. He drinks half a water bottle and drenches his body in the rest. He balls up the water bottle and throws it furiously. Chris makes a slam dunk, then walks over to Debo and sits beside him.

"Bro, I don't mean to be all bromantic and sh*t, but are you sure you good?" Chris asks. "N*gga, I'm good. I'm straight. Solid. More solid than a rock" Debo replies. "Then why you been acting all aggressive and pissed off lately ever since we came back from the studio? I mean, you just been throwing sh*t around and breathing heavy. Look how you just crushed up that f*ckin, um, waterbottle" Chris explains and points at the water bottle on the ground. Eli makes a shot. "Word, I peeped too," Eli says and sits beside him. "Something definitely up withchu" Eli adds. "Look, I promise y'all, I'm chillin. Just got a lot on my mind right now, but I'mma have everything figured out in no time. Let's just chill, you feel me? The girls went out, the f*ckin dog asleep--" "The f*cking dog?😂" Chris asks.

"My fault, I mean Dior asleep. Let's just do something crazy, like throw a party or sum sh*t" Debo rants. "They left already? Damn I didn't even notice" Chris says. "Did they tell you where they going?" Chris asks. "They went out with Jayda for her lil date" Debo replies as he cracks his knuckles. "Lil date? Watchu mean lil da--- OHHHHH!" Chris shouts. "What?" Debo asks. "Is that why you been acting like that?" Chris asks. "Brooo" Eli gasses. "That's exactly what it is!" Eli says. "N*gga what?" Debo asks. He sucks his teeth. "Y'all don't even know what y'all talking about" he replies. "N*GGA YOUR JEALOUS😂" Chris hollers. Chris and Eli burst out laughing. "Why would I be jealous? Y'all n*ggas just chattin for real" Debo exclaims. "We all know you like Jayda. Matter fact, you obsessed with her ass. Always asking for her, when I'm on the phone with Jayna!" Chris says. "Always scrolling on her feed and starting at her pictures!" Eli adds. "Right" Chris laughs. "This n*gga even got her middle name as his password😂" Chris says.

"Ight, now y'all making it sound like I'm a stalker or sum sh*t. I'm not even mad at that for real. I'm not even mad at all really. She can go on a date with whoever she want to go on a date with. It's no competition really" Debo replies. "It sounds to me like you trying so hard to make yourself believe that" Eli says. "Man, shut up 'foe" Debo responds. Chris pulls out his phone and opens up the Instagram app. "Hold up a minute, looks like they all posted on they story. Let's see what we have here. I'm not even gone click on Jayda story first. Save the best for last😂" Chris says. Chris clicks on Jayna's story. They watch a boomerang of the girls altogether at a restaurant. The location titles "Mastro's Steakhouse."