vii. will the wise

A palpable tension hung in the air as Will succumbed to another mysterious episode, prompting the rest of the party, minus Cassidy and Will, to gather outside the school, witnessing him getting into a car

A palpable tension hung in the air as Will succumbed to another mysterious episode, prompting the rest of the party, minus Cassidy and Will, to gather outside the school, witnessing him getting into a car. Lucas pondered aloud, "Do you think it's truesight?"

Mike, wearied by the ongoing enigma, replied with a sigh, "Yep," glancing at Max, who wore a perplexed expression. "What's truesight?" she queried. Mike tersely dismissed, "Nothing."

Max's worry deepened, and she pressed, "Hey, guys. Where's Cassidy?" Lucas disclosed with a furrowed brow, "I saw her leaving school with Nichols. She's been sneaking off with him a lot lately." The revelation left Max with a mix of concern and confusion, the unfolding events weaving an intricate web of intrigue.

Max scoffed, rolled her eyes, and descended the stairs. The clatter of her skateboard hitting the ground echoed her frustration as she skated away in anger. "What's her problem?" Dustin inquired of Lucas, who shook his head and replied, "I don't know." The air hung heavy with unspoken tension, leaving the group grappling with the complexities of the situation.

......

Cassidy's fingers closed tightly around Nine's wrist, and in an instant, they were transported to Eleven's side. "Eleven!" both Cassidy and Nine called out, their voices echoing with a mix of concern and determination as they hurried towards the girl.

"Elev en, Max isn't a threat. She was just talking to Mike," Cassidy urgently conveyed to the brunette, her eyes locking onto Eleven's, hoping to dispel any tensions that might have arisen. The scene unfolded with a backdrop of palpable anxiety, each word carrying the weight of their shared predicament.

Eleven came to an abrupt stop, her gaze piercing as she turned to face Cassidy and Nine, who trailed behind her. "Didn't you see the way she looked at her? And how she looked at him? They moved on from us!" Eleven spat out her frustration, the bitterness of realization hanging in the air. With a determined stride, she continued walking, leaving Nine and Cassidy sharing a moment of silent understanding.

"We are getting close to the Cabin," Nine whispered to Cassidy. Curious, Cassidy questioned, "How do you know that?" Nine responded, "I sense Hopper; he found out. He is mad. I mean mad." The revelation added a layer of urgency to their situation, the impending encounter with Hopper casting a shadow over the emotional complexities they were navigating. As they pressed on, the air crackled with a mix of anticipation and apprehension.

Cassidy felt a lump in her throat as she gulped, jaw clenched with the approaching confrontation. As they reached the cabin, Hopper stood outside, his stern expression signaling trouble. Eleven sighed, bracing herself for what was to come. Without hesitation, Cassidy seized both Eleven and Nine's wrists, and with a burst of energy, they found themselves in a surreal, bright white room through a rift.