Chapter 4 - Day of Infamy Part 1: The Attack Begins

December 7,1941

Six hundred fifty nautical miles away from Azur Lane headquarters.

04:30:00 hours am

Four ship girls are now headed to Azur Lane headquarters. But they are not there for a friendly visit. They are going to attack in the same fashion their original ship forms attacked Pearl Harbor. But the only difference is that they will be using mass produced Siren ships and jets in the attack. The two position themselves on a small rock island formation. While the other stayed in a far area away from where the two are standing. The other girl wears a black hooded cloak and heads straight for Azur Lane headquarters.

Meanwhile, Capt. Garth continues to do with the paperwork in his office. Prince of Wales and Cleveland venture into the pier where ships from Eagle Union and Royal Navy are currently docked almost alongside each other. It was like a market place on the bay walk as food stalls and some specialty booths are lined up facing the ocean.

It feels like a festival on this day. The streets are filled with ship girls. Many are talking with each other. While some are busy shopping. The others are manning their stalls and booths. While the little ones enjoy eating the food being cooked before them. All of them are not aware of the impending danger that is about to come. Wales and Cleveland start to talk of how busy every ship girl is with their shops and booths.

Cleveland: Haha! Things are pretty exciting around here.

Wales: I describe it as overcrowded. Look around, Eagle Union and Royal Navy are both gathering at this base. And things don't appear to be slowing down anytime soon.

Cleveland: Haha! I bet you can't guess who else is coming in from my side. Your hint is it's our greatest warrior with the most battle stars ever received.

Wales: Ah..... You must mean the famous Gray Ghost. The main forces of our Royal Navy will also be arriving soon. Looks like this base is becoming central to all our activities.

Cleveland: Come on! We should at least say hello. It be rude to keep them waiting. Ahaha! (Turns around and runs. Doesn't notice a mysterious figure in a black hooded cloak.) Let's go! Hurry! Amy Jane you slow poke!

Wales: (Smiles and also doesn't notice the mysterious figure walking by her.) Please don't rush me.

The mysterious figure stops for a while on the docks. The wind from the ocean suddenly blows hard and removing the hood of the stranger. Revealing her face. Meanwhile Wales and Cleveland reach the other end of docks. She sees a familiar ship girl who has just got down from an aircraft carrier. She calls out her name in the hopes that the other ship girl would recognize her.

Wales: Illustrious.

Illustrious: The highness has emerged from on high to greet me. To what do I owe this honor?

Wales: Don't be silly. It's not like that. Glad to see you. It's been a long time.

Illustrious: Indeed it has. Good day old friend. (Notices Cleveland) Who's here with you?

Cleveland: I'm Cleveland from Eagle Union. Glad you made it. Sounds like a long journey. ( Notices a girl behind Illustrious.) Hi there. 

Illustrious: Unicorn is a bit shy. Sorry, she doesn't mean to antisocial. Please don't take her behavior personally.

Cleveland: Nice to meet you.

Time Skip:

They are now inside the room of Azur Lane Academy having some tea and biscuits. Illustrious then tells Prince of Wales the other Royal Navy ship girls will be joining them anytime soon.