Chapter 8 - Unsafe Waters

As Capt. Garth continues to ponder on whether or not he should order an attack on Sakura Empire. A small fleet of ship girls are now rushing towards Azur Lane headquarters. News of the surprise attack has reached them. One of them is getting impatient and hopes that she can get into a fight. While the others simply sail along but hoping that they will not get into a confrontation with the enemy. Especially the one whose name will be synonymous with the Doolittle Raid. As of now they're a thousand nautical miles away from Azur Lane headquarters. While one of them is the battleship who never got a chance to see action in Capt. Garth's original timeline. A ship named after one the states of America. With only a small fleet. They will soon find themselves on the defensive as they'll be encountering a relatively small fleet that has two aircraft carriers with them. Both of which has already encountered Yorktown and Lexington in the original timeline.

As they hurriedly skate to Azur Lane headquarters. Akagi is currently attending to Kaga's wounds that were inflicted by Enterprise. Kaga grimaces in pain as Akagi applies some medicine on her wounds.

Akagi: There we go. Just hold still.

Kaga: But.... But why are you so close sister?

Akagi: Oh no. You have a cut on your face too.

Kaga: It's just a minor injury. Pay it no mind.

Akagi: No. It's not a scar left on your beautiful face would a tragedy. (Licks the scar on Kaga's face.) I insist you take care of yourself. If something were to happen to you. I would be very sad.

Kaga: My dearest apologies my sister. But this body isn't.... (Gets a finger placed on her lkips before she can even finish her sentence.)

Akagi: I understand. But we are as close as actual sisters. And elder sisters always love their baby siblings deeply. Hihihi.....

Kaga grunts as she senses that an intruder is on board her ship. She quickly stands up to see who it is.

????: Oh! Bad timing. I could come back.

Kaga: What do you want?

????: Well first I want you to stop glaring at me. We're allies. You are part of Sakura Empire und I am from Iron Blood. Right?

Akagi: Absolutely. We are all very fortunate to have the same goals and ideals. Everything we do is to ensure the victory of Red Axis.

????: Hmmm..... Right. Like the way you control the Siren ships. That was quite very impressive even though they were merely mass production models. Or is that part of the achievement? Yeah?

Akagi: Everything that happens is happens well.

????: Und yet you are still being quite cautious. I'm confused as to why you didn't go ahead und destroy that base. Did the scratch on your sister's face frightened you?

Kaga grunts in anger upon hearing what the stranger said. She decides to walk up to confront her. Akagi raises her right arm and stops Kaga from proceeding. Akagi decides to continue their conversation.

Akagi: Oh goodness no. A thing I love could never frighten me. They need to be teased a bit more.

????: Vicious.

Akagi: That ship is quite special. You would be foolish underestimate her.

????: Eagle Union's Enterprise yah. Also known as Grey Ghost. True she can be troublesome.

Before Akagi can answer back. A red paper airplane comes flying from behind Kaga and stops in between her and the mysterious woman with a German accent. A voice resonates from telling something that was recently found.