Prologue

Spruance: Have all aircrafts from the Yorktown landed?

????: Almost all of them except for Capt. Matt Garth's plane sir.

Spruance: Have the flight deck cleared of any obstacles. His plane has taken a lot of hits. I'm sure that he's going to struggle landing that aircraft.

????: Aye aye sir!

As soon as they finished talking about Capt. Matt Garth. He is now flying in at landing level. He is having a hard time controlling his SBD. His left and right flaps are not responding. His aircraft has taken a lot hits from the anti-aircraft artillery of the IJN Hiryu. As he struggles to control the aircraft. Thoughts of his son Tom who was seriously injured during the attacks on the carriers Akagi, Kaga, and Soryu enter his mind. Images of seeing him marry his girlfriend Haruko Sakura. Flashbacks of the quality time they spent together before the war also enters his mind.

Unfortunately his approach to the carrier is shaky. The flaps of his aircraft have been severely hit. Everything is not responding to what he is doing. Upon his attempt to pull up and land on the flight deck of USS Enterprise. His plane explodes the tail part falls into the ocean. The cockpit part slides on the flight deck. Matt and his rear gunner were instantly killed by the explosion. Admiral Ray Spruance could only look in exasperation. Admiral Jack Fletcher's chief of air operations dies in a tragic way. Which wasn't the case for the other pilots who died in combat.

While his physical body is nearly burned to a crisp. His spirit floats in limbo. Sadness can be felt upon the Enterprise. While he is in an abyss leading to the afterlife. Just when he was about to accept the fact that he's dead. A mysterious voice suddenly speaks to the fallen naval aviator.

????: "Are you Capt. Matt Garth? Air Operations Chief of the USS Yorktown (CV-5)?"

Matt: Yes I am. Who are you? How do you know the ship that I was aboard from? How do you know my name?

????: "I am a just a wandering spirit who works for God. I am given instructions on who to let in the kingdom of heaven. Who not to let in. And give a second chance to those who deserves it. It seems that you are not yet deserving to enter the kingdom of heaven. Do you want to live again. However it will be in a different world. A world similar to your previous one. But it is altered and the people you know are alive including the pilots of Torpedo Squadron 8."

Matt: In other words I am a complete stranger to them. Am I correct?

????: "Yes you are correct captain. So...... Will you accept it? Or will you choose to stay in limbo?"

Matt: I have nothing to lose anyway. So I will accept the chance to live again. Even if it is in an altered past.

????: "Very well. It shall be done. There is one slight modification of the world though."

Matt: What modification is that?

????: "The ships in your previous life have been turned into humans like you. So you might see three familiar ships once you get there."

Matt: Guess I'll just have to accept whatever it is in that world.

????: "Then I shall now send you to the alternate universe of your previous world. Goodbye and good luck Capt. Garth."

As Matt Garth is sent back to the world of the living. He will be in a big surprise to see something that is straight out of a science fiction movie. A world similar to his. But it is mostly dominated by girls. And he will meet the three aircraft carriers that were key in winning the war in the Pacific. Especially the flattop where he was once on board. And he will meet the carrier where he crash landed. Once again he is floating in limbo.

Moments later a bright light appears in the dark abyss where he's currently staying. Accepting the chance to live again. He will soon live a life of being the base commander. Similar to what Admiral Chester Nimitz is holding at Pearl Harbor. And he will have a similar experience of what exactly happened in Pearl Harbor. He will now be the equivalent of CINPAC in an alliance that goes by the name of Azur Lane.