First Kiss

AUDREY POV

AUDREY POV

I laid in bed feeling at peace. I stretched my arms feeling the large bed beneath me. As I opened my eyes I was delighted to see the beautiful room I was in.

I felt like a princess waking up from a long dream. As I got up I walked over to the bathroom.

I stared at my reflection observing myself. But the person looking back at me was a stranger. I didn't recognize that face.

Before I knew it I was on the ground trembling.

I had no idea who I was. This place, however beautiful, was foreign. I had no idea where I was. The memories from last night hit me like a ton of bricks. I recalled Dorothy who took me to this house and claimed to know me. But I couldn't help but feel afraid.

Were these people bad? Had she lied to me?

I felt like crying but I held it in. I needed to talk to Dorothy and finally ask her questions. Yesterday felt like a blur. I realized I had known all along I had lost all my memories from my life but I was too afraid to admit to it. It hurt too much to accept the reality I was living in.

I mustered up the courage and headed downstairs following the same path from the previous day.

I planned to walk to the kitchen and find Dorothy there like last time but before I could even reach the kitchen I heard a name being called.