The Truth

⚠️[SMUT IN THIS CHAPTER] ⚠️

XAVIER POV

As soon as Audrey left I felt hopeless.

I had really messed up and caused the best thing that had ever happened to me to leave. 

My princess had left me for good this time. 

I had always done my best to protect her from the monsters out in the real world but instead I became the very monsters I desperately tried to protect her from.

When I heard the words come out of her mouth claiming that she feared me, I felt like the worst man alive.

To think I had evoked such feelings of fear in my princess made me hate myself.

I had lost my whole world, my princess, the love of my life in a matter of seconds.

And I was to blame for it.

What I hated the most was seeing her pretty face in tears.

I wanted to hug her and comfort my princess, but how could I. It had been me who had caused her to shed those tears.

There was nothing I could do now. She had made her choice. 

AUDREY POV

I didn’t know how I was going to find Caroline without showing my crying face to everyone.

Luckily I came across Caroline.

"Omg Audrey what's wrong?" She asked.

I couldn't say a thing, but Caroline understood things went bad with Xavier.

She and her husband walked out with me and they took me to their house. 

On the ride home I cried like a small child in Caroline's arms.

She didn't say a word and just rubbed my back.

When we got to their house I headed to the guest room and showered.

A good cry in the shower would surely help.

I hugged my legs as I cried and cried. The warm water comforted me but it wasn't enough.

Xavier's sad and heart broken face still remained in my mind. How he stood there like a child begging his mother not to leave him.

How defenseless he looked.

I was angry and thought this would be easy. But instead it hurt me more.

I was undeniably in love with Xavier. And the thought that I would no longer be in his arms made me feel so dejected and alone.

I missed him so much. All I wished was for us to be the same loving couple we once were. The time where Xavier let me be and was caring and attentive with me.

After a good cry I got out of the shower and put on the spare clothes Caroline had left for me on the bed.

After changing and brushing my hair I headed downstairs to talk to Caroline.

She was sitting on the couch next to her husband. As soon as they saw me Caroline's husband left us alone.

"So what happened?" She asked.

I began to cry again, not being able to control my emotions.

Caroline hugged me once again. I managed to calm myself down and sit up. 

"I told Xavier I want to get a divorce." 

Caroline seemed a bit surprised.

"I understand why you did it but are you positive this is what you want. I will support you if that is what you truly desire."