1: Hidden underneath a mask

"Morning Takahashi Kun, oh! You're not wearing your eyeglasses this time!" One of his classmates said, pointing at him. Kazuo awkwardly laughs, "Yeah, I can still see properly without the glasses.." he said.

Well technically, it is true. He can see without the glasses but I'm pretty sure we all know the reason why the previous owner of this body was wearing glasses in the first place, even with such clear eyesight.

Kazuo talked to some of his classmates for a bit before sitting down at his seat. After an..eventful morning, he somehow manages to remember some of the previous owner's memories. By some.... meant his very very recent memories.

Waking up in a different body was something that Kazuo did not expect at all. He has his suspicions but one thing for sure it was confirmed that he did in fact died. 'So everything was..for real.' He thought that morning as he sat down to get ready for breakfast. After staring at the mirror for god knows how long. Kazuo suddenly felt a sharp pain in his head and suddenly, lots of memories came in all at once.

He stumbled his way back to his bed and laid down there for a minute, trying to ease the pain away.

Suddenly, he felt his eyes water as everything starts to sink in at once. His thoughts wandered over to his family and friends. Wondering how they're doing right now and if they're eating and doing well.

"Are you crying right now?" He froze at the sound of the voice. The voice was so familiar that he couldn't be mistaken-

He looked up only to see his mother. His mother. In the flesh. Looking at him all worried, "Did something happened?" She asked him worriedly as she places down a plate of eggs and bacon on the table. Kazuo couldn't hold back the tears anymore and started sobbing in front of his mother. His mom panicked and hugged her son. She starts to rub his back trying to soothe him down. After a couple of minutes, His wailings turned to small sobs and that was the cue for his mom to ask him non-stop.

"Did you had a nightmare?" His mom asked and Kazuo nodded in return, "You mind me asking what you dreamt about?" His mom asks. Kazuo sniffles as he just decides to make this whole thing a 'dream' instead of reality, "I got shot and died.." Kazuo said, voice still shaking from crying, "It's ok, I'm here" Kazuo's mom cooed as she hugged her son again.

After a minute of crying. Kazuo sat up on his chair, embarrassed by his sudden display of affection. His mom giggled, "You're already 14 yet you still acted like you always do back when you were in elementary," his mom said in an amused tone. Kazuo just focused on his eating, pretending to not hear what his mom was saying, "you're still young anyways. And expressing your emotions is not always bad," his mom said as she starts to go on her long monologue about 'youth' and 'feelings'.

Suddenly, Kazuo remembered to ask her something, "Mom, where's dad?" He asks and his mom finally stops her long monologue, "He went out early this morning. He's gonna be staying out of town for a while," she says. Kazuo just nods and continues with his breakfast.

♡♡♡

"You're leaving now?" His mom asks, "Yes! Bye mom" he says to her. As he was about to leave, his mom stopped him for a bit, "Are you not gonna wear your mask today?" His mom asks. Kazuo's eyebrows furrowed, 'Mask?' He thought as he went to his mom.

Kazuo hesitates for a second before taking the mask with him, "..thanks, mom! I almost forgot." He wears the mask and turns to his mom one last time, "Bye!" He says as he went out of the house.