5: Should've not interfered

Kazuo awkwardly stands in a crowd with a candy apple in his hand. He awkwardly stares at the two couples in front of him. A sigh escapes his lips, 'Why did I go again?' he then took a bite on his candy apple. He looks around him. Everyone looked so lively and happy that it kinda overwhelms him, "Still not used to this kind of liveliness here in the TR universe.."

"Whatya saying there, Kazuo?" Draken asks as he took a glance at Kazuo. Kazuo turns his head to him and smiles, "Nothin~" he says as he does small little hops as he walks closer behind the two couples,

Two days ago, his father was to be expected to come home. He even had to go home early and not play catch or- whatever they were playing since he doesn't want to...let any fight happen again. But to his surprise, the old man didn't come home at all.

Kazuo's gut feeling was telling him that something was up, but he initially just brushes it off.

"You were thinking so deeply there, Kazuo kun," Hina says to him, "Hmm, I guess I was,"

"I still can't get over how..you look, Kazuo kun" Emma adds to the convos. Kazuo just chuckles at her. Yes, Kazuo decides to not wear a mask today and it greatly shocked Emma and even Hina, "I thought Mikey came until I saw your beauty mark," Emma says as she points at Kazuo's beauty mark. Kazuo just smiles at her, "I guess this is the only thing that differentiates us, huh" He mutters to himself,

Earlier.

Kazuo lays down on his bed, feeling bored, "Should I go or should I not go?" He says to himself as he stares at the ceiling. He was starting to feel bored and contemplates going to the festival to at least, have some fun.

He grabs his phone and starts to chat Chifuyu if he wants to come to the festival. After waiting a couple of minutes, chifuyu replies him with a 'no I don't feel like going, still need to finish this manga series,' and Kazuo just sighs,

Suddenly, the door of his room opened revealing his mom, "Kazuo, are you gonna attend the festival?" She asks him, "Augh, I don't know," he says as he brings himself to sit down on his bed, "You should go out and have fun! It's the festival today. Go ask your friends," She says as she steps inside his room.

Kazuo groans as he lays down again, "Go out and have fun! What are you gonna do sitting around your room like this?" She says as she lightly taps on Kazuo's shoulder, "Aaaah, okayyy" Kazuo says as he lazily sat up on his bed and starts staring at the wall. He looks to his right and saw his mom digging something from his closet, "What're you doing?" He asks as he tilts his head, "I'm looking for that Yukata I bought you 2 years ago,"

"What!?" Kazuo says as he jumps out of his bed, "I don't wanna wear a Yukata!" He protests, "You haven't worn this at all! You should wear it now and see if it still fits you," she says as she grabs the Yukata from the closet and hands it over to Kazuo, "I'll be downstairs! Come down if you're done," She says as she leaves his room.

Kazuo stared at the door then at the yukata he's holding. A sigh escaped his lips as he starts to change into the yukata his mom gave him.

-
"Ooh, it looks good on you!!" His mom says as she adjusts some fabric on his outfit, "My son sure is handsome," She says proudly as she fixes his hair, "Are you just gonna meet your friends at the festival?" She asks as Kazuo wears his sandals, "Yep, I already texted them," he says as he prepares to exit the house, "Oh shoot, my mask," He says to himself as he enters the living room again,

"Don't bring your mask today!" His mom starts, "what!? But-"

"It's a hassle and there's a lot of people! You'll have a hard time breathing. Just don't bring it," She says and Kazuo hesitantly looks upstairs to where his room is, "..fine," he says. It won't hurt to not walk around a crowded place with no mask, will it?