4: Little Cage

"Hey! You're M1K3# aren't you!?" A voice says from behind him. Kazuo stops in his tracks and slowly turns around, "..who?" He says, in genuine confusion, "Don't play dumb with me!" The person said as he grabs Kazuo by the collar, "I-I don't.." his voice shakes as the person suddenly raises their fist up and then-
-

Kazuo gasp as he opens his eyes widely. He pants as he took his time to sit up on his bed, "Augh what the heck was that.." he mutters to himself as he grabs his head. He sat there staring at the clock on his wall thinking about the 'dream' that he just had, "that was his memories, wasn't it?" He says to himself. He groans as he lays back on his bed, 'things got weird since yesterday.'

Yesterday was such a disaster for him. His 'dad' pretty much doted on him and gave him stuff he got when he was away from a..business trip. Kazuo was pretty much uncomfortable the whole dinner. He had a small feeling that this family was low-key portraying the "Perfect Family" image. We all know such a thing doesn't exist.

Kazuo isn't dumb. He knows that something was up with everything here. His memories of the manga gradually disappearing as well as the whole subplot of him trying to find out his family tree, "How come my last name is Takahashi?" He questions himself. With the appearance of his so-called dad, his suspicions were answered. It's either he's related to Mikey or Mikey and him are somewhat siblings.

"Man, my brain only works with these kinds of things," Suddenly, his door opened revealing his dad. Who was peeking at him, "Kazuo," he says as Kazuo sat up, "what's up?"

"It's my day off and I wanna spend time with you," He says to Kazuo. Kazuo shifted on his position uncomfortably, "Uhh, where to?", "let's go shopping if you want. Do you want to buy anything?"

Now that he mentions it, he does want to buy something. Still, Kazuo looked at him, skeptical, "umm, I guess..?" He says in an unsure tone, "Alright. Take a shower now, we'll go after breakfast," he says as he closes his room's door. Kazuo closes his eyes, sighing as he lays down again.

The sudden silence starts ringing in Kazuo's head. He never liked the silence. It's as if his brain starts projecting stuff when it's completely silent. And I tell you, those thoughts were not pleasant.

He gets up and headed towards his bathroom as he starts to feel his ears ringing, "Alright, I should ask him to buy me a radio. This room is just too silent for my liking," He mutters to himself as he opens the bathroom door and takes a shower.

♡♡♡

After almost milking away his father's money, the two decided to have lunch at a family restaurant near where they were shopping, "what do you want to eat?" His father asks, "Umm, Some chicken and fries will do," Kazuo answers back to him, "Alright, I'll go order,"

After eating the meal with his dad(awkwardly) Kazuo just sat there, bored as he waits for him to finish, 'I'm bored. He ate so slow,' Kazuo thought as he rests his head on the table after putting the dishes aside. He sighs deeply as he scans the people around him when he suddenly noticed a familiar-looking person,

"Oh," Kazuo then sits up straight, "Draken?" He mumbles to himself. Suddenly, Draken looked at him, probably sensing that someone was staring at him, and accidentally stared at each other's eyes, "Oh," Draken says as Mikey looks at him, wuesti6ong who he was looking at, "Mikey, Kazuo's also here" Draken says as he points behind Mikey.

"Really?" Mikey then turns his head around, "Oh, Kazu!" Mikey calls out to him while waving. Kazuo awkwardly laughs as he waves back to them, "that's Takemitchy in the distance, isn't it?" Kazuo mumbles to himself as he notices Takemitchy's poor hiding spot. Suddenly, Kazuo's dad stands up as he suddenly grabs his son by his wrist, "Ow-!" Kazuo winces as he looked at his father in confusion, "Let's go," He firmly says as he drags Kazuo out of the restaurant,