Blessings

Usnavi and I finally got back to the store and right now he has his arm around me while trying to ruffle my hair

Usnavi and I finally got back to the store and right now he has his arm around me while trying to ruffle my hair. I try to push away and run into the store and he runs after me through the door and between the isles.

"Sonny get him away from me!" I shout out to him but then I feel that he has wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back into his chest. I squeal and turn my neck to face him and then back at Sonny who's laughing.

"Hey Usnavi get off my girlfriend she mineeeee!" Sonny shouts taking me out of Usnavi's arm and I tap his head. Usnavi rolls his eyes before grabbing a drink from the fridge.

"Well she's my best friend so..." Usnavi replies before taking a sip of his drink. I feel myself cringe at the the friendzoning but then I just stand straight and give him a fake smile. I turn to face the counter and meet eyes with Sonny where he sighs and shakes his head and as we look at each we almost say 'he's an idiot.'

"Well I gotta get back to work, th-thanks and see you later." I say lowly after a big breath. Like I know he can be an idiot and get really awkward sometimes but maybe he doesn't actually like me and I'm just seeing signs that aren't there. However when I step towards the door an angry Vanessa walks in and stops towards the fridge. I look at the two boys and make my way towards Vanessa, who just looks like she wants to cry or scream.

—Usnavi's POV—

I watch as Y/n makes her way to an upset Vanessa, her golden beautiful curls bouncing with each step. Her hips sway perfectly with each step as if she always had a beat or music running through her body. I watch as she gives Vanessa a smile that goes up to her pearly blue eyes.

"You know that u two are crazy for each other, u just need the balls to make the first move." Sonny whispers in my ear while we watch the two girls. I scoff and shake my head.

"Y/n would never go out with me, she deserves like Harry Styles or Micheal B Jordan. Not some loser who can't even pay his rent." I reply while staring at the angel who pushes away Vanessas hair. She looks up and meets my eyes where I give her a smile however I feel the awkwardness I always get and turn back to Sonny.

"You know what I actually have an idea and I dunno if u will like it." Sonny says which makes me quickly raise my eyebrows and give him a pleading look and points towards Vanessa. I turn and scrunch my eyebrows looking towards the girls who are now laughing, of course she brings the happiness out of everyone.

"What Vanessa?" I ask him in total confusion. Sonny shrugs.

"I dunno but maybe ask Vanessa to help you make Y/n jealous, which I don't even think she needs cause she really likes you. It just means she might make the first move." He shrugs his shoulders.

I think it through and look back at the stunning girl again and nod my head. I make my way over to them and pause and then go standing up straight. I finally get there and walk up to them trying my hardest to ignore Y/n and keep my eyes on Vanessa. Y/n still hasn't seen me so I do a motion towards Vanessa in a way to say play along.

"Hey Bebe can I talk to Vanessa please, alone?" I ask her motioning to Vanessa, she takes in a breath and nods her head before making her way back to the counter. I watch her and lean down towards Vanessa's ear whilst feeling Y/na eyes watching us both.

"Usnavi what are you doin?" She asks me.

"Trying to make Y/n jealous , please roll with it por favour?" I plead to her while looking up at Y/n who's tapping her foot and staring but quickly she turns her head to look out the window.

Vanessa makes a cheeky smile to me and nods her head before opening the fridge door. I move forward and blow air onto the window steaming it up before drawing a smiley face. I press my face against the glass and bend a little making my nose look funny. Vanessa moves up close to me, really damn close.

"There's something on your shirt." Vanessa states before shutting the fridge making Y/n let out a laugh and pout at me. I groan feeling as if the plan isn't working and also seeing the stain on my shirt. I lick my thumb and try wiping it off, lifting my eyes up every now and then to see Y/n glancing between me and Vanessa. This causes a small smirk on my face.

"Umm my cousin over there with his tongue hanging out has been meaning to ask..." Sonny begins to Vanessa and receiving a quick look from Y/n.

"Yeah?" Vanessa casually answers to the boy behind the till. Y/n looks towards her hands and does the nervous little finger twiddle she has done since we were kids.

"What a beautiful lady, like yourself would be doing this weekend." Sonny asks making me look up to see Y/n's reaction which she looks at me with eyes to say why I didn't tell her. However she take a moment and then smiles showing one of her thumbs up.

"Does your cousin dance?" Vanessa asks making Y/n laugh.

"Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Y/n giggles telling Vanessa before making some wired moves. I scoff and watch as she stops when Vanessa pulls something out of her bag and makes her way close to me. She opens the lid of the pen and starts rubbing it on the stain whilst the two behind her gawk.

"Tell ur cousin fiesta in the heights, we can hit a few clubs and watch the fire works. Keep this." Vanessa says handing me the pen before walking to the counter to grab the coke. Y/n just stares at me trying to figure out my emotions but Vanessa starts to drag her out the shop. She looks back one more time with her ocean blue eyes.

"See you later cupido," she says so smooth as if each word were made by the finest silk, her accent peeping in every word. She then leaves making me let out the big breath I had been holding in. Sonny and I turn to each other and point to one another sticking out our tongues knowing the plan kind of worked.

"Oh snap! Who's that?
Don't touch me, I'm too hot! Yes!
Qué pasó? Here I go!
So dope! Y tu lo sabes!
No pare!" I tell him jumping about.

"Sigue sigue!" Sonny shouts dancing around with me.

"Did you see me? Freaky freakit!
What a way to begin the weekend
Sonny, anything you want is free, man!
And my dearly beloved Dominican Republic I haven't forgotten You!
Gonna see this honey, make a little money
And one day I'll hop Jet
Blue!
But until that fateful day, I'm grateful
I got a destination
I'm runnin' to make it home with this sweet girl as my wife
Could you imagine it that's what I call paradise, that's what I call the perfect life."

I stare out the window watching her make her way towards the salon while Vanessa spins her around. The smile on her face as she laughs at Vanessa's joke, the beautiful smile I wanna see the rest of my life. Hopefully the plan will keep working and soon she will make a move cause I'm shit at stuff like that and the words will never make their way through. Then I can get a dance and hopefully win my chance.