96,000

It's hot, even with about 20 fans in the shop we were all still boiling

It's hot, even with about 20 fans in the shop we were all still boiling. I only ever felt this heat when I was little and living in Puerto Rico with mama and papa. I try to tan my self while finishing my recent clients nails which I was proud of to be honest. Mamazita be workin hard in this heat. 

"Ay Y/n we gonna close down and go to the piscina? You comin with us?" Carla asks me while sucking on her red lollipop. I quickly nod my head grabbing my bag that's full of my pool clothes that we leave in the shop incase of an event like this. It happens quite often.

We leave the shop and before we begin I see a familiar curly haired girl across the world, I tell all the girls I will meet them there. I run over the road and see that Nina's eyes are puffy and red she runs into my open eyes. Her shoulders shake while she cries into my shoulder I just shush her.

"What's my dad gonna say? He gave his whole life away for me." She cries but I just pull her back to arms length and wipe her tears of her face. I give her comforting smile and shake my head.

"Nina your dad won't be mad, he will be proud with every little thing you do as long as your happy. You have gotten further then any of us and we all couldn't be prouder of you!" I tell her starting to tear up myself at my best friend breaking down.

"It always should have been you to leave here, not me." She huffs which makes me laugh and shrug my shoulders.

"I could never leave here, everything I love and live for is here in these streets. I couldn't leave here if I tried but you deserve so much more." I reassure her which makes her lips turn up at the corner and hug me again making me laugh.

"I've missed you so much, all the girls there just complain constant lie. I missed your sickening positive attitude 24/7!" She tells me and i roll my eyes and let out an exaggerated ha ha ha.

"I missed you too senorita, are you coming to the pool with me?" I ask her pointing towards the club with the pool down the street.

"Nah I'm gonna see abuela but maybe later, have fun but not to much fun you know." She winks poking my cheek with her finger. I do a little spin away from her and wave making my way in the direction of the pool.

"Tell abuela I will be home mas trade!" I shout down the road to her which she just replies with a thumbs up. I put in one of my headphones and carry on making my way down the road. I feel heat making it's way into everyone of my pours. I do a little bop and let my feet bounce to the beat of the song.

Right before I reach the end of the road and near the building, I feel someone wrap their arms around me from behind spinning me around. I tilt my head back to see the person who is lifting me so high off the ground. Benny. I let out a happy shout which makes him drop me so I can wrap my arms around my friend.

"Benny you got yourself out of the claws of work!?" I ask him receiving a laugh off of Usnavi who I only noticed now. We spend a second just looking at each others eyes but look away when we both realised what we're doing. Benny smiles down at me wiggling his eyebrows.

"I only got of cause it's calor as fuck today," he says calmly. He's always so leaned back and chill I'm jealous to be honest. We keep walking and make our way into the pool and they tell me the news about the money. However it seemed like everyone already knew about  it and were gossiping. Usnavi and I leave everyone so we can go to the changing rooms.

"Wait for me after?" I ask him holding my bag tighter. He smiles down at me and pushes a loose curl behind my ear.

"Of course bebe," he replies which makes me roll my eyes but can't help but smirk before making my way into the dressing room.

I put my bikini and my little see through throw on skirt. I look into the mirror in-front of me and sigh at the sight of me. Ugh. I put on my sunglasses and leave the changing room seeing Usnavi sat waiting for me. When he sees I'm there he quickly stands up but I feel his eyes scatter round my body and his luscious lip get pulled behind his teeth.

"Wow." He lets out. I look down at my feet.

"I know it doesn't look good, does it?" I ask him not bothering to look up due to embarrassment. He scoffs and walk towards me.

"You did not just say that. Stop it with the mentiras," he huffs. I just let out a chuckle rolling my eyes and then look at him.

"You know I'm not lying Usnavi," I comment. He grabs my chin lightly and lifts my head up to that I can look at him.

"eres tan ciega, how can you not see how beautiful and perfect you are? You always have been in every way," he tells me lowly  running his hand up and down my arm which he knows calms me down. I hate how he knows me so well.

"You really think so?" I question him playing with the bottom of his shirt. He gulps slightly when I look back up and our faces are so close.

"Have I ever lied to you bebe?" He teases while we moving a little closer to the point I could feel his breath on my skin. I shake my head and step back remembering how not long ago he was flirting and asking my  best friend out.

"Well you never told me about how you like Vanessa? I could have set u guys up earlier if you had just told me." I tell him watching to see for any signs he would give away. I mean of course he would like Vanessa she's more creative and smart then me, I will always just be his best friend that's it.

"I dunno it just never came up, why you jealous bebe?" He asks with a new found confidence. I push his arm and we begin to make our way out towards the pool. I grab a slushie and so does Usnavi but I drop the money before he can pay. He whines and I laugh bringing the straw to my lips and moaning at the cold taste. Usnavi stares me down so I turn and blush a little.

"So what would you do with 96,000 bebe? Open your dance club, teach the babies of the hood how to move?" He asks grabbing my hand spinning me a few times and dancing with me. We keep dancing and taking sips.

"I would give 1/3 to the orphanage down the road and then get abuela some nice jewellery and get Sonny a tutor. Then what ever is left over I would split between us." I tell him shrugging my shoulders but only realise that he has stopped walking behind me. I turn and scrunch my brows letting out a chuckle.

"You would give me some of the money?" He asks me with a shocked look and almost in admiration.

"Well of course, you've wanted that little place on the beach in the Dominican for so long. If I can help you get there then I will." I state to him before throwing away the empty plastic cup. Usnavi moved from his frozen posture and moves towards me.

"What why would you do that?"

"Porque es tu pequeño sueño Usnavi. Like how at that orphanage they all have little dreams and I want to at least contribute to it. Simple as that." I shrug before kissing his cheek and making my way towards the sun-beds.

—Usnavi's POV—

I watched as Y/n made her way to the edge of the pool dipping her feet in whilst talking to her friends. She smiled at their words and pushed the curls out her face to show her beautiful features. How couldn't she think she's beautiful, she's a goddess walking among us all.

If I won $96,000 then I would get the little cafe on the beach which could be turned into a dance bar at night. This way she could teach everyone to dance in the day and at night just let go. I would buy a house that over looks the beach and with large windows since she's always wanted a house with big windows and a nice view. I want create a new sonito with her where we are happy and together but she will always be the kind hearted girl who won't let her self be happy until everyone else is satisfied.

She'll never be satisfied.