Love and Lies

I lift up the straps of my dress and look into the mirror and ruffling my curls

I lift up the straps of my dress and look into the mirror and ruffling my curls. I unscrew my lipgloss and swipe the slightly tinted gel across my think lips. I rub my lips together and stand back to study myself in the mirror, sighing before putting on a smile. The house smells of the food abuela and I had been making all night, it smelled like a warm needed hug. I move towards my vinyl player and switch it off when I hear everyone's loud squeals. I move towards the door and take a big breath, my fingers wrapping onto my mothers necklace and staring at the sky. I would need all the suerte for tonight.

"Hi guys!" I say whilst walking into the main room and towards abuela, who holds out her open arms to me. I do a little dance until I am wrapped in her arms.

"You look just like your mama," she sighs with kind eyes,playing with my hair. I kiss her cheek.

"Obrigado abuela," I whisper to her before my eyes scan around the room and met with the two boys near the table. I smile sweetly towards them and give a small wave, my eyes locked in Usnavi's. They return the smile and when Usnavi finally get the confidence to walk up to Carla pulls me towards them.

"Girl look at you tonight, like a sexy little monsturo!" She says spinning me around while I laugh at her compliment. The other girls also compliment me and I feel Nina tap my ass before getting close to my ear.

"Usnavi has been gawking at you since you got here, go talk to him." She whispers however when I turn to see where he is, I see he's gone along with Vanessa. God knows where aswell.

"Nina, he's out on a date with Vanessa tonight not me. Besides I'm gonna go drink and dance, maybe see if I can encontrar un príncipe." I reply shrugging my shoulders and raising my eyebrows while doing a little dance. She rolls her eyes and opens her mouth to argue back with my but abuela starts to speak.

"Y/n beautiful, can you get me a drink from the cocina por favour?" She asks in a gracious tone which I quickly agree to and make my way to the kitchen before I hear laughs. I stand in the hallway for a second.

"Well I have a date tonight so," Vanessa says in a strange tone. I hear Usnavi laugh which makes me blush.

"Right." He says and there is a second of silence which makes me walk in. I lift up my hands in a surrender.

"I'm sorry please carry on I'm just getting abuela a drink." I say to them moving towards the cabinet that have the plastic cups. I fed Usnavi's eyes on me as I try to reach for the cup on the highest shelf. Once I grab it I hear a small cough from Vanessa.

"That's right. You have a date. I have a date too. We. We have a date." Usnavi awkwardly says from behind me while I pour abuelas drink. I scrunch my eyes shut and laugh at his attempt in flirting.

"Hey what you laughin at huh?" He says making me turn and lift my eyebrows grabbing the cup. I laugh a little harder not being able to hold it in.

"Smooth work Romeo," I say through giggles which causes both of them to laugh aswell. I take the cup out of the room and make my way towards abuela. The whole family chatting and I suddenly have an idea which makes me run to my room and grab my abuela's favourite record.