Alabanza

I get home and sit down in the now empty house, where the only heart there was mine

I get home and sit down in the now empty house, where the only heart there was mine. Lonely and broken. She was just here not long ago and now she has left so much here for me to weep amongst. I bring out a stool from under the table and sit down leaning my head against my head. My tear stained face letting more run down my face, sitting in front of me was a photo of all of my family. It was a hot day and we were all smiling wrapped in each other's arms.

"Bebe, say something so I know your okay." I hear Usnavi say from behind me with his voice breaking before wrapping his arms around me from behind. I break down and turn so I can lay my head on his chest.

"I should have known she wasn't taking her medicine, I should've known." I whisper between cries. I feel empty and cold even in Usnavi's warm embrace. He bends to squat holding my face in his hands, trying to meet my refusing eyes.

"Bebe, how could you have known, your eyes are on her and the whole town like a mama lion. She's with her mama and baby, all watching down on you." He tells me with a soothing voice pushing away the curls hiding my face.

"She wouldn't have listened to me anyway, she would have just made me eat something." I laugh imagining her cooking at the kitchen and then stuffing me with all of it till I would burst. He laughs with watery eyes.

"Hey remember when we would come in after school and she was asleep on the sofa, we put on her record and sang so loud. When she woke up she chased us round and danced for ages," he laughs through his words as I giggle along with him nodding my head.

"Or our very first prom when she took millions of pictures of us, in couple poses and then found out half of them were the camera switched on her!" I tell him which makes us both fall into a fit of laughter. When the laughter dies down we just smile looking into each other's eyes.

"She always did ship us together, ever since she came in on us having each others first kiss." He whispers placing his head on mine. I sniffle and look into his eyes.

"She really was the most loving person I ever met, she was everything I've wanted to be. Selfless. Funny. Comforting. Scary and brave. She used to scream alabanza whenever I saw her." I get quite after my words.

"Alabanza." He says before holding my hand and rushing me outside into the street making me make a confused face.
"Scream it from the rooftops bebe!"

"Alabanza," I say in a normal tone. He shakes his head and points at the sky.

"Louder! She can't hear you!" He screams.

"ALABANZA!" I scream with my whole body. He laughs and copied me.

"ALABANZAAAAAAA!" We both scream at the starry sky. Usnavi spins me in his arms as I laugh.

"I love you Abuela!" I shout to the sky before looking down at Usnavi while he slides me down my body and runs his nose against mine. I feel his breath against my face and my lashes brush against his skin.

"I love you," he whispers to me and I raise on my toes and kiss his lips hard. He holds me tighter on my hips and holds me close while I wrap my arms around his neck. After a few more seconds we separate.

"I love you too. I love the way that you know everything about me. I love the fact that after spending the whole night at the hospital with me that you still make me smile." I tell him before pecking his lips.

We go back up to the apartment and throughout the night people come to tell me their condolences and give me many kisses aswell as hugs. Flowers and candles not only fill the apartments but all of the streets. Her name was in every prayer. After a few ours I tie up my curls and change into my pjs along with Usnavi. I start the brush my teeth and stare at the bathroom mirror letting out a sigh, but then Usnavi hugs me from behind and sets light kisses down my neck and onto my shoulder. Then I see his puppy eyes look up to meet mine in the bathroom mirror.

"You are the most beautiful person in the whole galexy." He whispers into my ear and I spit into the sink before leaning back in his embrace. I turn my head and peck his lips.

"Minty." He says licking his lips making me laugh and give him a wink. We both look in the mirror at one another.

—Usnavi's POV—

I wasn't lying, she really is beautiful. Even during pain and grief she's still surrounded by this light that causes everyone to smile. Just like abuela. Her puffy red eyes enhanced her blue orbs. Her tears tainted her tanned face and looked like beautiful drawings. Her large lips bitten into created a pink colour that made them more desirable.

She always was and always will be beautiful at all times.

"You know this reminds us of the sleepovers we had when we were little." She says from her bedroom with her sweet voice, making me walk in and see her already under the covers looking ring and adorable.

"You mean before or after abuela would make me sleep on the floor?" I sarcastically say making my way over to her and crouching so I'm face to face with her. She smiles and lets out a laugh which sounds like it was played by an orchestra.

"When we were teenagers and as soon as we knew abuela was asleep, you would sneak into the bed so we could chat all night." She says kissing my nose and wrapping my hand in hers.

"Hehe we should do that more often bebe, I miss all those nights but I do remember walking into work like a zombie." I laugh before squeezing her hand. I look at my watch and see how late it is and how I'm a few hours I have to get to work.

"Please don't go, please just stay tonight." She says with a small voice that makes my heartbeat speed up. I start the stutter.

"Are you sure like- your upset and- I-" I begin. Gah Usnavi shut up! Gahhhh!

"Stay." She simply says scooting back and opening the covers for me.

"Well how can I say no?" I laughs before getting my jeans off and putting joggers that I have left here before. I take off my shirt which makes her blush like every other time I have. She always gets flustered. I get into the bed and bring her close to me and wrap my arms around her body. I close my eyes.

"Usnavi?" I hear her whisper. I look down at her on my chest.

"Si bebe?" I reply and she gives me a small smile.

"Don't let me go?" She whispers and I lean down pecking her lips and lean back.

"Never." I whisper and she smiles cuddling into me more wrapping her leg between mine. I slither my hand down, oh god. She's so hot but Usnavi it's not the time. She so intoxicating but right now I'm happy to be the lucky guy who gets to hold her in his arms. When I hear her little snores I look up at her peaceful face then to the ceiling.

"I promise I will make you proud abuela." I whisper before letting my eyes close.