Undeserving Love

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

Previous Story : You & Me (Posted on 24 - Jun - 2021)

Since, I am still on a break and haven't written anything new, I thought of posting an old story that I had written with Rishabala here.

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR WARNING:

THIS STORY HAS A SAD ENDING!

So, read at your own risk please.

Omkara who had been in Munich for a three-day conference, had decided to take a stroll in the late afternoon on his last day after the conference. His flight was late night and it was pretty cold, so he decided to take a walk before he headed for airport in three hours. He was not in any hurry to get back to his hotel room or his country, nobody was waiting for him there. Or anywhere in this world.

The air was much fresher here, he inhaled with a smile. It was getting dark already unlike India. And he was happy for it, because he liked darkness now. His life was full of darkness now. Would he ever see her? Omkara wondered, like he always did as he looked around to find people in groups ranging from 2 to 10. It felt like, he was the only one who was alone now. And he had no one but himself to blame. He had ruined everything. It took him a long long while to realize that his insecurities had pushed away the second chance God had been kind enough to give him. The blessings in returns for all the curses in his life and he didn't realize it. Heaven was at his feet and he had kicked it away cruelly. Omkara sighs.

Five years ago, he was a bitter man after his divorce. He had been happily married to Ridhima. He had met her as his assistant and soon had fell in love with her charming and sexy nature. After a quick romance, they had got married. He had thought they were happy till he had found her in his bed with another man. she had married him for his money. It had broken him and he had lost faith in love completely. He lost faith in women too. He had believed that women were only for procreation. Till he had met his new assistant, Gauri Kumari Sharma. A bubbly and carefree girl. She had the exact opposite views on everything from him.

Unlike his other employees, she didn't fear him and spoke her mind. She had even declared her love for him one day, just like that. He had rubbished her love and told her that he no longer believed in love. She had begged him to give her a chance and had confidently boasted of making him fall for her. as her love was true and it always triumphs. And that reminded him of Ridhima. He realized that she was no different than Ridhima. he decided to teach her a lesson. He told her that he would give her three months, where they would have a no string attached affair where at the end of the third month, if he wasn't in love with her, they would part. He had even made a contract on it which she had signed as she literally rolled on the floor laughing.

Then started a very steamy and hot affair. She had showered him with love and care too while it was all just sex from his side. She had pampered him with love and was there for him in every way possible. She had brought peace to his life and he had basked in her love but refused to love her or believe in her love. He kept looking for incidents and instance to prove to himself that all of her love was just an act. He even looked at her through suspicious eyes when her gay best friend used to phone her. but, since he had no proof he had kept quiet and looked for the perfect opportunity to expose her, all the while he silently continued the affair with her without giving her an inclination that he was just waiting for the right time to expose her.

And finally, that day reached, when he had ruined everything.

Hearing a commotion in the store room of their office, he had gone to investigate. He found all his staff crowded over there pricking his curiosity all the more.