The Elevator

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for voting and commenting on the previous part. So glad you guys enjoyed the last story.

I have a quick question... It is regarding the next short story I am posting.... I am confused which one to post.

What would you guys prefer?

Bewitched (It has 17 parts + Epilogue) - It is a fantasy love story.

Dancing At Midnight  (it has prologue + 9 parts) - It is a feel good love story.

Tum Mere Ho  (it has 4 parts) - it is a love story

Lemons & Lemonade   (it has 4 part) -  it is a love story.

I will post according to the preference of everyone.

**************

The Elevator

Omkara Singh Oberoi hurried to the lift, he couldn't believe of all days, today he is late. He is supposed to meet the prospective bride today and he was late for that. The meeting had taken forever to finish and now he was whole of ten minutes late. Finally, the lift decided to grace him with it's presence and Omkara quickly got in and pressed the button for the rooftop restaurant. The lift was about to close when it again opens, Omkara looks up in irritation when she entered. Gauri Kumari Sharma. The prospective bride. Omkara starts grinning, even she is late. Omkara was about to say hello to her when he noticed that she was talking on the phone, and looks like she didn't really notice him if he was to go by the lack of reaction from her side.

"Bhavya, I'm so tensed. I just don't know what I'm going to do... yeah yeah I remember everything. *taking deep breaths and confidently says* "I'll handle this Kaaru... hey let's go through it one more time... movie won't start for another five minutes Bhavya... wait... one last time... Bhavya? Hello? "

Omkara who was listening to her conversation starts frowning handle Kaaru? KAARU? How did she find that out?

"Hello."

He hears Gauri saying, he turns his attention back to her. Is she blind? I'm standing next to her and she is looking at the door?

"Hi" she says again.

"Erm.. hi... I'm here." Omkara replies really wondering whether she had some problem with her eyes.

Gauri suddenly turns to look at him frowning "I'm not talking to you." she informs him.

Confused Omkara starts looking around for the third person in the elevator.

"I'm practicing." Gauri says irritated seeing him looking around.

"Oh." Omkara says thoughtfully. Is she crazy? She is practicing in front of me what she is going to talk to me? And why is she not recognizing me?

"I'm Gauri Kumari Sharma, I finished my post-graduation..."

Is she here to see me or for an interview?

Suddenly, everything goes dark and the lift comes to a halt.

"What happened?" both of them asks out loudly shocked and tensed.

The emergency light starts blinking and then it turns on.

"What is it? Did the electricity go? Power cut?" Gauri asks.

"I don't know." Omkara replies and he picks the phone to talk to operators.

"What did they say?" Gauri asks him, seeing him hang up.