Dhokha/Betrayal

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. Baby Series 2 : The One That Got Away (posted on 28 - Sep - 2023)

Someone had asked me whether I was a Malayali, and I can't find that post now, so, replying here. I am a Malayali.

Okay, confession time

I've like couple of ways I could have taken this story. And I am very sure that you all would have preferred I take the story in one of those ways than the one I did now. But I wanted to go this way.

Maybe, I will write another story, taking one of the other ways, you guys would have preferred

The Oberoi family had gathered together after the death of their patriarch. The purpose of this meeting was the will of Prithviraj Singh Oberoi.

Omkara at 17, and his younger brother Rudra at 13 had joined their parents to listen to the will, to find out what was bequeathed to them.

As the lawyer kept going over the asset and money that Prithviraj had left behind, Tej had lost his patience. "Get to the matter." Tej orders the lawyer.

The lawyer, looks up at Tej nervously as he took a breath.

Tej frowns seeing that. "What is it?"

Lawyer looks at the family then he looks at the papers he was holding and reads. "My son and his family will get a monthly stipend."

"Stipend?" Tej asks outraged.

Lawyer looks up at him and then continues "Gauri will also get stipend for her education."

"Why is he so obsessed with that girl?" Jhanvi asks outraged. "Wasn't it enough that he splurged on her that now he wants to give to her after he is dead? Is she his daughter or something?"

"Keep quiet, Jhanvi!" Tej says furiously.

"What did he leave me?" Rudra asks curiously.

"Everyone, just shut up!" Tej says then he looks at the lawyer and says, "I'm his only son. So, when will I get the properties that is rightfully mine?"