7 | Apology

It had been a while since you last saw Midorima. A month, maybe. You lost track after the tenth day.

You missed him. You wondered why you even wanted to "take a break." He was just jealous. That could've been fixed. Maybe you should've just stop talking to Takao. It would've been better.

You sniffled as you grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator. Your stomach hurt. You couldn't eat. You've been consuming only water for the past week.

You took a sip of water, and set the bottle down. You put your hands on either side of the sink.

The guilt was eating you alive. You wanted Midorima back. You wanted him in your arms again.

Light taps hit the sink; you were crying. You never realized how much you would miss him.

You let out an ugly sob as the tears fell faster. Your heart hurt. You drove the man you love, your soon-to-be husband away.

You tried to calm yourself down. He was the one who told you stop talking to Takao. He was the one who disrespected you.

But you knew Midorima better than that. He was afraid of losing you to his best friend.

You wiped your face with a hand towel. When would he come back?

***

Midorima had stayed in a motel room. He didn't know what to do, what to say, or where to go.

He regretted yelling at you over something so trivial. Jealousy was not an excuse, and he knew that. He just couldn't help himself.

He sat down on the bed and buried his head in his hands. You were his fiancée and your relationship was falling apart because of one thing.

They say love hurts, and now Midorima knew why.

His phone rang. He was hoping it was you. It wasn't. Takao Kazunari was displayed on his phone screen.

As much as he wanted to ignore the call, he answered it anyways. "What do you want?"

"Ah, Shin-chan. So cold as always."

"If you called me to insult me, I'm hanging up."

"N-no! Sorry, sorry. I have something to tell you. "

Midorima waited for a reply.

"She misses you."

He didn't say anything at first. What could he say? The words were stuck.

"Shin-chan? You there?"

"Y-yeah..." he said, "But why.... How do you know?"

"She called me in tears. [First Name] needs you. Go to her."

With that, Takao ended the call.

***

You were now laying in bed, strands of your [Hair Color] hair covering your tear-stained face.

You cried until there was no more left. Now you were just tired.

You were so tired, you didn't hear the room door open or notice the preswnve of another person laying down beside you. It was until you felt arms wrapping around you that you snapped your eyes back open.

Your [Eye Color] eyes met green ones.

"Shintaro?" you whispered in disbelief.

"I'm home," he managed to say before tears of his own fell.

He pulled you into him, and rested his heaf on yours. "I'm so sorry, [First Name]. I love you too much to lose you."

You smiled, and whispered, "I love you, too, Shin... And remember, I would never leave you for someone else.

***

Done (finally). I've been stressing over grades lately since it's almost report card time. So sorry for the delayed update. Maybe I should make a schedule.

Instagram: __caityyy (w/ two underscores)

-Caity