18 | Gender

18. Gender

...

You were now six months pregnant. You had just gotten done with a doctor appointment, and was told the sex of the baby. Unfortunately, Midorima had work he couldn't get out of, so he was unable to come with you, but you were excited to reveal the gender to him.

You decided to go to the store to gather some supplies-- because you loved to go the extra mile when revealing something to your fiancé.

You hummed as you wandered around the store, not too sure what you were planning to do. You then decided to so something relatively simple, so you didn't spend too much money on unnecessary things.

You went over to the baby section, and grabbed a onesie that clearly showed whether a baby was a girl or boy when wearing it, and proceeded to go to checkout.

"Ah, are you expecting?" the cashier asked, looking down at your swollen belly, that was more noticeable now that you were further along.

"Yes," you responded with a nod, giving him some money.

"Congratulations," he said, handing you back your change and the bag with the onesie.

"Thank you!"

...

Once you got back home, you folded the onesie and put it back in the bag, setting it in the middle of the table.

Now all you had to do was wait for Midorima to get back home. You decided to busy yourself with some cleaning.

...

Eventually he got back home from work, getting off later than usual.

"Sorry," he said when he saw you sitting at the table, half asleep, "my dad wanted me to perform a surgery for the first time under his watch. It took longer than expected."

You yawned with a stretch. "It's okay, Shin-chan. I saved you some dinner; it's in the fridge."

He nodded, making his way to the fridge to grab the covered plate and heat it up.

Once his food was warmed to his liking, he sat down at the table across from you. After taking a few bites, he noticed the bag. "What is that?"

You smiled, pushing it towards him. "I got the baby its first onesie."

"You found out the gender today, right?"

You hummed tiredly in response.

"What is it?"

"Look in the bag," you replied.

Raising an eyebrow, Midorima opened the bag and grabbed the onesie which was pink. Unfolding it, he read the words Daddy's Princess that was printed in the middle of the onesie in gold.

"A girl?" he questioned softly.

"A girl," you confirmed.

He put the onesie back down, and you were able to see the small smile on his face.

"Are you happy, Shin-chan?"

He could only nod.

"I was scared," you confessed, "I know you were hoping for a boy."

He shook his head. "You idiot. I don't really care about all that."

You laughed quietly. "You're going soft on me."

"N-no," he denied immediately, "I just didn't want to upset you, [First Name]."

You rolled your [Eye Color] eyes playfully in response.

...

Hope you enjoyed this.

-Caity

100 Oneshots [Midorima Shintaro] DISCONTINUEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara