8 | Family

It was Easter, one of your favorite holidays. You liked the vibrant colors associated with it, the time spent with family, and the candy.

You knew Midorima could care less about it. He just wanted to relax, but for you, he put on a suit for the Easter dinner at your parents' house.

You put on a light [Color] dress that reached just above your knees. You even put on makeup and curled your [Hair Color] locks.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to, Shin," you told him as you two were about to leave.

"It's fine," he replied, grabbing the keys, "Like you always say, holidays are for spending time with family and the people you love."

You giggled. "Aw~ Is Shin-chan going soft on me?"

"N-no!" he denied quickly, "I just didn't want to hurt your feelings!"

You rolled your eyes playfully. "Whatever you say~"

***

You arrived just in time. Your mom was setting food on the table when you got there.

"[First Name]!" she exclaimed as she gave you hug.

She turned to Midorima. "Shintaro-kun! Handsome as ever, I see."

A light red tint covered his cheeks at her comment.

"Mo-om~" [Sister's Name] whined, "Don't flirt with Onee-chan's fiancé!"

You laughed. "You guys are gonna make him embarrassed."

"[F-First Name]!" Midorima stammered.

Your mom chuckled. "That's all right, dear. He'll be fine."

***

You sat beside Midorima and [Brother's Name]. You felt bad for Midorima, because your dad kept sending him death glares.

"So, Shintaro," your dad cleared his throat, "How's school? Your working to become a doctor, right?"

Midorima nodded. "I am. Becoming a doctor is a tradition in my family. My father is one, and my grandfather used to be one."

"What about you, [First Name]? Shintaro hasn't made you cry, has he?"

The whole table went rigid. Your dad wasn't informed of your recent argument with Midorima.

"Of course not," you answered nervously.

Your dad looked as if he didn't believe you. Then he eyed the tsundere next you. "Don't think you're not safe."

Midorima gulped before nodding again.

Your brother yawned. "Who even cares, Dad? As long as he makes her happy at the end of the day, right?"

***

You were now back home. Both of you put on some more comfortable clothing, and you were now getting ready for bed.

Midorima sighed. "Your family scares me."

You grinned. "Nah. They act like that because they want you to stay, Shin. They love you."

He gave you a questionable look. "Are you sure about that?"

***

Not too romantic, but it's Easter related.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

-Caity