𝟬𝟵.

IT HAD BEEN JUST OVER TWO MONTHS since juliet told tommy she would reveal her face to him. she had been waiting for a good time; a time that didn't feel forced or be sprung out of nowhere.

   finally, on a saturday night, juliet was sat at her desk, her chair turned to face the mirror against her door. her hair was slightly messy, going just past her shoulders and resting on her brown jumper.

   plucking up the courage, she fluffed up her hair slightly before pressing the call button on tommy's contact. however, it wasn't a regular audio call.

   was this ok? she had only known him a few months, but, to be fair, she's never felt closer to anyone except édith and lorelai, who she's known for years.

   without time to contemplate further into what she was doing, tommy answered the call-- his eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion over the facetime. after he fully processed what he was looking at, a look of surprise took over, followed by incomprehensible babbles.

"i-- you-- you're-- holy shit--"

    the description she provided of herself proved true. tommy stared in bewilderment at his phone, inches away from his face. her hair, as she had said all those weeks ago, was a reddish brown that fell to just below her shoulders. she had some freckles intermittently dispersed across her cheeks and nose, just below her forest eyes that had specks of earthy brown weaved in between the impossibly alluring shades of green.

"speechless, are we? am i just so incredibly--"

"you are way prettier than i thought you were," he blurted out.

   juliet's eyebrows raised slightly before she realised what he had said and they knitted together, startled by his sudden outburst. "what?"

"no-- i didn't mean-- not in like a weird way, i just mean factually, you look-- i thought you'd be kinda pretty based off your personality and how you described yourself, but i wasn't expecting you to be like-- y'know--" he started rambling, spewing out poor excuses as to why he unexpectedly complimented her, his face slightly pink, matching juliet's lightly blushed cheeks beneath her scattered freckles. he was, in fact, being truthful. he found her beautiful, but he didn't think he could use that word without making things uncomfortable.

"it's fine, it's fine-- it's not like i'd be offended, i just wasn't expecting it--"

"yeah, no, that's my bad--"

"no, no, you complimented me," juliet smiled and bowed her head faintly in gratitude. "thank you, tommyinnit,"

   he broke out in a grin. "well, what can i say, i'm just such a flatterer-- i really have a way with the ladies,"

"yeah, ok, tom,"

"but in all seriousness, i do think you are quite pretty,"

   juliet chuckled. "thanks, mate. you're not so bad yourself,"

   he scoffed, still smiling widely. "you're too kind,"

"what? i mean it!"

"you don't have to lie to me, juliet, it's fine--"

"no, tom, i mean it-- not in a weird way, y'know, but i've seen the edits,"

"edits?" tommy's head lightly cocked to the side.

"you haven't seen them?"

"no...?"

"well then the next time i come across an edit of the famous tommyinnit, i'll send it to you, and maybe it'll give you a glimpse into how a lot of people see you,"