𝟭𝟰.

JULIET DIDN'T RECALL FALLING ASLEEP. even worse, she didn't recall falling asleep in tommy's bed.

"shit," she muttered. no one else was in the room, let alone beside her in the bed, and she was still in the clothes she was wearing the night before.

   she climbed out of the bed and dug through her bag that was still in the same spot tommy put it in when she first arrived, picking out a burgundy jumper and light washed jeans. just as she was about to leave the room, something tied around her backpack strap caught her eye. it was the satin ribbon used to complete the present tommy gave her.

   mrs. simons was sitting at the kitchen counter, reading what looked like a magazine. mr. simons wasn't in the sitting room or the kitchen, so juliet assumed he was still asleep.

"morning," greeted juliet. sarah looked up, averting her gaze from the magazine in her hand to juliet.

"oh, morning, dear," she adjusted her glasses resting on the bridge of her nose. "i didn't expect you to be up until later,"

"oh-- sorry," juliet glanced at her phone, seeing it was 8:56 am.

"no need to apologise," sarah placed the magazine onto the counter and moved towards the fridge. "i'll make eggs,"

   juliet smiled at her kindness. "i'll help,"

   the two of them spent the next half an hour frying eggs and getting to know each other.

"so," sarah started. "where'd you end up sleeping last night?"

   if juliet was to be honest, she wanted the entire topic of sleeping arrangements to be completely dropped due to its awkwardness. "uh-- tommy's room,"

"oh?" she raised an eyebrow with what juliet interpreted as a smug expression.

"er-- but i'm pretty sure tommy slept in the guest room," juliet sat down on a stool by the kitchen island. "i fell asleep before him, and when i woke up he wasn't in the room, so,"

"interesting, interesting,"

   the eggs were done a little while later, and juliet offered to wake tommy up, which mrs. simons gratefully agreed to. she headed up the stairs, but realised she wasn't entirely sure which door was to the guest room.

   after opening two doors, one that led to the bathroom and one to the store room, she managed to find the room that had tommy asleep in.

   he was sprawled out across the bed, mouth slightly agape and hair messy. juliet walked up to him and shook his shoulder, whispering his name.

"tommy,"

   no response.

"tommy,"

   he shifted slightly, brows knitting together.

"tommy,"

"what?" he mumbled, never opening his eyes.

"breakfast," juliet tugged the duvet off of him. "up,"

"i'm up," tommy groaned.

"no you're not," she yanked on his arm. "get up!"

   tommy sat up, though his eyes were barely open. "what time is it?"

"around 9:30,"

"oh, fuck you," tommy slammed back down into the mattress.

"i'm telling your dad we slept in the same bed,"