𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

Let me tell you a story. The story of my life. And the story of the one who made me the person I am today.

I was born on a cold autumn evening, if you wish to know. A falcon named Magnus was attached to me as my daemon. I was my parent's only child, and if you think that's a good thing, think again. It may be in your household, but in mine, it's just a disaster waiting to strike.

My father is a Cardinal for the Magisterium, but I never usually share such information. He never liked me, and nor will he ever. My mother, on the other hand, is as sweet as can be, but harshly disciplines me for extremely small actions she doesn't approve of. When my father was ever harsh towards me, my mother was always there at my reach for comfort. However, when she's angry with me, I've got no one.

I was home schooled my entire childhood. We never had enough money to pay for books, supplies or extra-curricular activities. I had a few friends during my early years. Auriane Bescond, Kayla Pane and Clara Salzano. They went to a public school, though, so I had to wait for them to finish their work before we could hang out together.

By the time I was old enough to attend university, I decided to stop going to school altogether. Even if we did have the money for me to go to school, I still wouldn't feel comfortable going to a large school like that. Instead, I decided to study at Jordan College. It's very well known in my hometown of Oxford. I started studying a magical-like object called an Alethiometer. It takes years of study to learn how to read all the symbols and decipher their meanings. It tells the truth and only the truth and I hope to obtain such an object one day. I know there is one at Jordan College somewhere...

During my studies, I met a little girl with a big passion for adventure and exploration. Her name was Lyra Belaqua. She told me her parents were killed in an airship. She hasn't talked about it too much, so that's all I've picked up on. I also met her best friend, Roger. He works in the kitchens at Jordan College.

To start this journey, we need to begin here. A few months into my studies at the College, Lyra secured something very special.