10.

I opened my eyes, Lee shaking me gently. Roger wasn't there, nor was Iorek.

"Y/N." He whispered. I jolted up.

"Where is everyone?" I freaked out, getting up. Lee stopped me, putting his arms around me, pushing me back down on my bed.

"I don't know, love, but everything is fine."

He called me love. He did it. HE CALLED ME LOVE. My brain screamed.

Lee ran his hands down my arms as I struggled to get up again. "Come on. We need to fix this thing." He helped me up and we walked out of the hot air balloon. I looked at it from a distance once we traveled through the high piles of snow. Magnus followed behind me.

"Sorry about this, Lee. I can try my best to help you fix it." I said, inching closer to him.

"It's alright. I could try and find some material to patch it up with and we should be good." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I looked up and smiled at him. I loved the feel of his touch.

As I was duct taping old fabric onto a small tear, and Lee was struggling with moving the large balloon itself, a loud noise came from behind me. I twisted my head around to see a witch standing right on top of me. I flinched.

"It's okay. I heard your balloon crashed, Lee. I came to help."

"Thank you, Serafina." Lee started pacing. I hated to see him like this. Serafina went over to him and lifted up the balloon. She moved it over to Lee's desired spot. He looked more stressed than ever.

"I want you two to come over here for a moment, please." Serafina led us to the front of the balloon. I still had trouble walking in this thick snow. She stood in front of us.

"Mr. Scoresby, you seem upset."

"Of course I am. Lyra fell off the balloon and I don't know where she is. I'm just worried about her. I don't even know if she's alive."

Serafina smiled. "Mr. Scoresby, there is no need to worry. You have done everything you can, and now her fate is in another's hands."

Lee looked concerned. "She-she's alive?" He stuttered. Serafina nodded her head and kept on her iconic smile. "Well, that's great isn't it?" Lee jumped around and ran over to me. His lips crashed onto mine, but quickly broke apart. Lee widened his eyes at me, his cheeks flushing. But I just smiled and pushed him towards Serafina.

"Now, your balloon should be fixed." And she flew away.

Lee and I sat down in a nearby cave together. He brought some blankets and pillows from the balloon.

"Lee," I started, "why aren't we sleeping in your balloon?"

"It's too dangerous to be in it when it isn't in the sky." I rolled my eyes. And that's coming from the guy who led us into a whole flock of Cliff-Ghasts that almost killed us... I'll never understand this man.

I was sitting against a rock wall, and Lee sat down next to me. One leg was bent and one was flat on the ground. His arm rested on his bent leg.

"Sorry about, you know, before." He didn't look at me.

"What do you mean, before?"

"That I, you know, kissed you. It was an accident. I didn't know what else to do... I was just excited. I'm just happy that Lyra is safe and alive."

"Lee, it's okay. You have to stop apologizing every time that you try to kiss me. Anyway, I didn't mind it. You know how much I love you. Well, you should."

Then he turned to look at me. His dark brown eyes pierced into mine. His pupils slowly started to dilate. It was like I was looking straight into his soul. It was beautiful. I started to lean in. I brushed my lips against his and kissed him. His kisses tasted like coffee flavored whiskey. Hints of bacon here and there. I ran my hand over his face as we got deeper into the kiss. My other hand ran through his hair. It was so soft.

He broke away from me and I smiled. He gave a short laugh and looked down at my hands. He took my left hand and gave it a little kiss. I giggled.

Suddenly, the sky got darker. We looked out the entrance of the cave as a streak of light burst up from the ground some distance away, along with a loud boom.

"What's that?" I asked. We both got up, Lee still holding my hand and glanced out at the light. Dark clouds swarmed above.

Lee looked at me and I looked at him. Then he spoke in a more raspy voice combined with worry and fear.

"Lyra."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 - 𝐿.𝑆𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑏𝑦 🎉