2.

"Y/N! This is bad!" Lyra ran to me as I was walking down the hall of Jordan College. I stopped to look at her. I put my doughnut that I was eating in the bag it came in.

"What's up? What's bad?"

"Billy Costa of the Gyptians has been taken! Everyone is saying the Gobblers, but they are just children's stories! It can't be true!"

"Alright, Lyra," I started, "calm down. We'll find him okay? Don't worry." I gave her a hug and she walked with me to my office. She was really anxious.

I sat down at my desk and let Lyra sit in the visitor seat. "I'm sorry." She said,

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Lyra." I scooted in my chair, "you didn't take the children, did you? She shook her head. "That's what I thought. We'll find them."

[TIME SKIP]

Me, the Gyptians, and Lyra were on a boat, headed for Trollesund. It's a small town, but I could make that work. When we stepped off the boat, I could see a large balloon in the distance. "Why is there a balloon here? Shouldn't it be, you know, in the air?" I asked my daemon.

"I guess there's an aeronaut here. Otherwise, it wouldn't be here. That was a stupid question, Y/N."

"Right. Sorry, Magnus." I said, and we continued walking.

Our group headed more into the town. One of the Gyptians walked up to me. I still don't know his name since I never go to properly introduce myself.

"Hey, kid. You should walk around town a little. It would be weird if a large group of us went up to everyone asking about missing children. That wasn't our plan. We're going to take Lyra, so you just walk around and meet us back at the dock in around six hours, okay?"

"Six hours? Isn't that a little long?"

"That's what our plan was. Now go. We need to go now." And he left me.

"Okay, then." I said.

Magnus and I went up to this restaurant. It looked more like a saloon, though. We walked inside to find a bunch of men that looked like they could kill us any second.

There was this guy though that looked interested in starting a conversation. I went up to the bar and sat down.

"Would you like something, ma'am?" The bartender asked.

"Oh, no thank you. I don't drink." And I looked at the guy again. It looked like he wanted to play cards.

Suddenly, two guys got up and tackled him to the ground. I gasped and got up. Stupid people. They really think this is appropriate? Just tackling a stranger like this?

"Get off of him!" I yelled as I grabbed the guy on top of him and threw him across the room. The other guy tackled him and I the same thing. He landed on top of the other guy, in a daze. I grabbed this cowboy guy's hand and pulled him up.

"Thanks, kid. You're good." He patted my shoulder.

He had dark brown eyes, a dark mustache and hair. His brown cowboy hat was uneven. He had on a lot of leather. A light brown leather jacket with a fuzzy collar, and a red leather undershirt. Finally, leather pants, boots and belt. His daemon was a small rabbit.

That must be heavy. I thought.

"What's your name?" He asked, with everyone staring at us.

"Uhm, I don't want to say it in front of everyone. I don't feel comfortable." I said.

"Aright, kid. Let's go somewhere private then." I don't like the way he said that. It sounded... flirty. I'm not ready for a guy I just met flirting with me.

We walked into a smaller room in the back of the bar.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" He asked, leaning against a small counter top and checking his watch that he kept in his pocket. His daemon sat by his foot.

"Well, you asked me my name, which is Y/N Holland. Uhm, I'm here with the Gyptians to find the missing children." I said, leaning against the wall.

He walked up to me and stuck out his hand. "Lee Scoresby," he said, "an aeronaut from Texas. I can fight and fly." I shook his hand and he smiled. I smiled back.