Part-30

"Bhaiya!"

Anirudh screwed up his eyes as they were bleared with the accumulated tears in them and looked at the direction of the sound. "Bela..." a soft whisper left his mouth and he sprinted towards the entrance, where his Bela stood with a wide grin on her face. He knelt down before her and engulfed her tightly in his arms. She, who was unaware of all the ruckus which had happened behind her back, also wrapped her tiny hands around him and smiled at him, not knowing that the former was weeping silently in her embrace. With her return, she unburdened the heavy weight from his chest, that had been created by her absence. Anirudh felt his nerves relaxing down and breathing getting evener. After what felt like forever, he parted from her and immediately held her face, framing it with his hands. He kept on gazing at her, a smile fixated on his lips, while tears dripped down endlessly from his eyes.

"Aap ro kyun rhe ho Bhaiya?" Bela asked innocently, upon seeing him behave so oddly.

But Anirudh just smiled teary-eyed. He was not in a state to answer her anything. He held her arms and scanned her from head to toe with a concern visible in his features.

"T-Tumhe...tumhe kahin chot to nhi aayi na?" he enquired brokenly. "Theek hona t-tum?"

"Haan." she replied unconcerned, tilting her head sideways.

Anirudh embraced her again to comfort his heart, to make it believe that it still had a reason to beat.

"Kya hua Bhaiya? Yahan kuch hua hai kya?" Bela parted from him and looked at the other members, who were standing behind them, smiling satisfactorily.

Trilochan spread his arms and beckoned her to come to him. She ran towards him and wrapped her hands around him. Binoy too joined them in the hug and kept his hand on her head. Their eyes still carried tears in them but now they were no more of hopelessness but of relief and satisfaction.

Whilst the family was busy with Bela, Bondita stood at a corner with a teary smile on her face. She folded her hands and brought them upto her forehead, thanking her Dugga Maa for bringing the sole reason of happiness of the RC's back.

"Par tum thi kahan Bela?" Somnath enquired and everbody nodded for the same, asking her about her whereabouts till now.

"Wo main mele mein kho gyi thi Dada." she answered crestfallenly.

"Maine kaha tha na tumse Bela wahan nhi jaane ko! Baat maani kya tumne meri? Nhi na? Dekh liya natija?" Anirudh bursted out, in a tone which was loud enough to scare her.

"Sahi keh rha hai Anirudh. Beta badon ki baatein aise kaat te hain kya?" added Binoy, holding his specs along with a disappointed look on his face.

"Kya ho kya gya hai tumhe Bela?" Anirudh shook his head in dismay. "Ek baat nhi maanti ho tum meri! Aajakal hua kya hai tumhe? Tum..."

"Arey-Arey, aap Gudiya Rani ko kyun daant rhe hain?"

Came a voice, which no one among them wanted to hear. Recognising it well enough, Anirudh's edge of irritation returned back to him. He clenched his fist and turned around to face him. Everyone else's face too had expressions of annoyance and confusion for their unwelcomed guest.

"Kya hua? Hume dekh kar aap sabke chehro ke rang kyu udd gye?" asked he, a lopsided smile fixated on his lips. "Khush nhi hain aaplog hume yahan dekh kar?"

"Zaroor hote, agar humare sambandh utne meethe hote jitne aap dikhate hain aajkal." Trilochan taunted him with a fleer.

"Arey, toh kya nhi hain? Samdhi ji, aaplog bhi toh humare parivaar hi hain na?" Raghuvansh answered back with an all innocent look.