Rapper

My phone beeped beside my signaling me to wake up for the fifth time. But I again put it on snooze. I didn't want to wake up and go to University. I wanted to escape reality just for today.

But at the same time I knew I couldn't disappoint everyone who believed in me.
I had to make the annual event a success.

I reached University a little late than usual.

"Sorry sir I'm late.", I bowed to Mr.Oh.

"It's alright. Take your seat.", Mr.Oh said smiling.

"Why are you late?", Haneul mouthed to me.
"I overslept.", I mouthed back.

Before sitting I peeked secretly at the last row. Yoongi smiled and winked at me. My cheeks blushed at his gesture and I turned my face towards the front before he could notice.

After about 30 minutes our class was finally over.
"I want you to complete the assignment that I gave today morning and submit it to latest by Friday.", Mr.Oh said adjusting his tie.

"Haneul can I see you in my office?", Mr.Oh said before leaving.

I glanced towards my right. Haneul looked flustered and a smile played on her lips.
"Uhh, I think so I should go.", she said and hurriedly went behind Mr.Oh.

'Weird.', I thought to myself.

I had practice for the annual event after this class. I was dreading to go today.
'Should I just miss it?', I contemplated.

Chucking the unwanted thoughts I made my way towards the hall where I would meet the other participants.

Upon entering the first face I saw was Jungkook's and we locked eyes. He came forward towards me but I made my way towards Jiyoung who was the cultural head. I was still not ready to face Jungkook.

"Can I take Aera for minute?", Jungkook asked interrupting our discussion in the middle.

"Yeah sure.", Jiyoung smiled.

Jungkook took my left wrist in hand and made his way towards the corner of the hall.
He shoved me against the wall and held both of my palms together in his hand.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" Jungkook looked desperate. My heart ached to see him like this. But I had no answer to his question. He wouldn't understand anyway.

Sensing my silence he sighed.
"Aera, I'm sorry for making things awkward between us. I'm sorry for loving you so dearly. But please don't stop talking to me. You won't have to say anything or give me any answer. I don't want to hear any answer from you. Just forget that I ever confessed to you. Let's get back to how we were before.", Jungkook said with teary eyes.

"I'm so sorry Jungkook

"I'm so sorry Jungkook. I still can't give you any answer. But yes, let's get back to how we were before." I rubbed his tears away from the pads of my thumb.