Together

"Umm, Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung and Yoongi? What are all of you doing here?" I said entering the living room.
I sheepishly looked at Jungkook only for him to be glaring at me. I diverted my eyes away from him and started looking down at my slippers.

"Don't you already know why I'm here Aera?", Jungkook said.

I lifted my head to look him. Jimin and Taehyung were grinning and smirking at me.

"If you already know Aera, then why are you again asking him", Jimin sniggered.
I glared at him.

"Umm yeah. I mean kinda.", I said scratching the back of my neck.

"What do you mean by kinda? And what the fuck is this new guy doing here huh? You hanging out with him too huh?", Jungkook was throwing daggers at me through his eyes.

"Uhh no, I mean yes. I mean we hung out only once Jungkook and that too in the middle of the forest.", I said.

"What were you doing in the middle of the forest?", It was my mother's turn to be shocked.

"Uhmm mom, you wouldn't understand. Can you please bring some snacks over for my friends.", I asked pleading to her with my eyes.

She got the clue. "Okay, you guys please make yourselves comfortable and sit. I'll be back with some snacks."

The moment my mother left Jungkook lunged at me and started dragging me towards my bedroom.

"Jungkook stop. Please listen to--"

"I'm not going to listen to you. Not a single word should come out from your mouth now."

Jungkook opened the door of my bedroom and threw me on top of my bed.
I got up and sat hugging my favourite RJ plushie.

Jungkook was pacing in my room with a deep frown etched on his face.
"Tell me what I'm doing wrong?", He exclaimed.

"Wrong? What wrong?", I asked.

He sat holding my hands in his. His eyes were brimming with tears about to fall. His nose was red due to the cold. He looked so sad, yet so cute.
"Tell what do you want from me? How can I be your only? Please. Do you know how furious I got when I heard from Jimin and Taehyung that you were skinny dipping with that new fucking guy?", Jungkook spit everything going on in his mind in nanoseconds.

"I don't know what to say to you Jungkook. I told you already that i can't give you any verdict right now. We decided that this was fine." I held his face in my hands dearly.

"Yeah but I don't think so I can live like this Aera. I'm sorry. I won't force you to be with me. I love you too much for that. But I can't also see you with another guy."
After these words he stood up looking down at me.
He took my hand and helped me get up from the bed. He held me tightly by my waist.

"Aera, I love you a lot. I think so you know that by now. I won't ask you or bug you to love me back. You're my best friend. It was amazing being with you. You light up my entire world. But being with you is equally getting hard for me. Seeing you smiling, laughing with another guy makes my heartache so much. And I can do nothing about it.

I think so it'll be the best for us to part ways. I will still be with you whenever you'll be in any trouble. I'm just one call away. But hanging out with you everyday is difficult. I'm so sorry. Maybe I'm jealous and selfish but I can't help it. I'm so sorry again."

My heart shattered into pieces hearing this. I had my reasons for not being with him.
Him and me are different. We can never be together. I tried so hard to steer clear from making myself vulnerable to human emotions, but I failed. Seeing Jungkook in pain and leaving me was undeniably terrible. He was my ride or die. He helped me so much. He brought me out my shell and made me love some humans. He made me believe that not every human is not worth living.

Jungkook gave me one last peck on my cheek and turned his back towards me and headed for the door.

Just when he was about to open the knob I called out to him.

"Jungkook please listen. Don't go."

The next words shook me because they came from my mouth.

"I'll be with you Jungkook. Please don't go.", I said with my trembling voice.

Jungkook turned back with wide eyes. He rubbed his tears and came towards me.

"Aera I'm so sorry. You don't have to do this for me. I promise I'll be fine." Jungkook said.

"No. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing for us. Our bond."

"Are you sure? I--", I cut him off by connecting my lips with his.

The kiss was sweet and gentle. Jungkook's lips were so soft. He held my face so delicately as if I would break if he would put too much pressure.

Jungkook was grinning like a small boy after he got his favourite treat.
"I still can't believe Aera. You're finally mine. I'm the luckiest person alive."

"Now stop it.", I said blushing.
He held my chin and lifted my face upwards towards him. His eyes were glistening a bit with tears.

"You don't know how happy you've made me. I have spent so many sleepless night imagining you in my arms, hugging you, kissing you, taking care of you. Thank you Aera. I'll love you forever."

"I don't know what to say. I really don't. I love you too Jungkook. A lot.", I said and hid my face in his chest.

"Now let's go out and announce the world that you're mine.", Jungkook said pulling me towards him.

We raced down the stairs and met with Yoongi. He was probably coming towards my room serching for us.

He looked at me and then glanced at mine and Jungkook's entertwined hands.
"Uh, am I missing something?", he asked unsure.

Jungkook ignored him and raced towards the living room. I turned around trying to look at Yoongi but he still was looking at the spot Jungkook and me were sometime back with his head down low.

"Okay guys, I have something to announce.", Jungkook said aloud.

"What is it this time?", Jimin rolled his eyes while Taehyung was still engrossed in the movie they were watching.

" Me and Aera are together. Finally!", Jungkook squealed hugging me.
He looked so happy and really melted my heart.

"Wha--", my mom chimed in between clapping. "I'm so happy my loves."

"Thank you for having me here but I really have to go now.", Yoongi said looking at me and my mother.

"And Aera and Jungkook...
Congratulations", he sighed and rushed towards the door.

"What's up with him?", Jimin whispered to Taehyung.

Yeah, now I really had to talk to Yoongi soon.