DATING KAZ BREKKER [HC'S]

- When he started growing feelings toward you, he tried to distance himself from you to stop himself from falling for you.

- He didn't talk to you as much anymore and avoided your company if possible.

- It made you think he's mad at you for something, but when you asked about it, he'd just deny it and claimed he's been very busy with work.

- He also started to protect you.

- Suddenly he didn't let you come along to the most dangerous missions, claiming that your skills aren't needed.

- Inej and Jesper tried to chime in to remind him of a room you'd definitely be needed in to keep guard, but Kaz shut them up with a glare.

- The two realized on that moment why Kaz acted like that. Those stares hadn't gone unnoticed from them, but they couldn't be sure because Kaz had never showed any fond feelings like that towards anyone. They weren't even sure if he was capable of caring about someone so deeply.

- He was appearing to be cold and distant when you were interacting with him and the moment you turned away, he looked at you in a way which just flooded with deep affection.

- But he had his reasons to act like that.

- Firstly, because he knew that you'd be used as a pawn against him if anyone ever found out about his feelings, and he'd never forgive himself if that happened.

- Secondly, because he wanted to remain tough, he couldn't let his past self to resurface.

- Not even with you.

- But the longer he tried to suffocate his feelings and pretend everything is normal, the harder it became.

- And when it got to the point where he got jealous of seeing his customers flirting with you and throwing them out from the club with fake reasons, you finally noticed that he was behaving oddly.

- You ended up questioning him about it while he wrote something.

"Kaz, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." 

"You've been throwing out paying customers for almost every night now without a reason. The guy last night definitely didn't-" 

"He distracted you, you just didn't notice."

- You just sighed, knowing you wouldn't get anything out from him today. 

"Well... ok then. Good night, Kaz." 

"Night, Y/N."

- He stared after you even when you had closed the door, before sighing and returning to working on his blueprints.

- Inej visited him that night. 

"They love you too, Kaz."

- He froze completely. 

"We know that you're trying to protect them, that's why you no longer assign them to dangerous jobs. And Jesper has seen how you look at them. And I've seen how Y/N looks at you like that too." -Inej 

"You and Jesper have gotten something wrong, Inej. Y/N is a valuable investment, but nothing more." -Kaz 

"You can keep telling yourself that, but you deserve happiness, just like all of us. And Y/N could bring you that happiness." -Inej

- And with that, she was gone.

- He thought about Inej's words the whole night.

- You? Love him? An absurd idea.