➵ "Do not test me"

3rd pov

Y/N was already awake, she stared out the window looking at the town below her. The military was crawling around it seemed like at every corner. She didn't know why but she was sure it ws as going to find out sooner rather than later.

Kane was scratching at the door, clearly he needed to go outside but not much she could do since she's well....chained to her bed. "I'm sorry Kane I can't do anything about that at the moment just go in the corner." She lets out a frustrated sigh and flops back into bed.

Many thoughts were going through her mind at the moment. "Jessica had a kid?"

She wasn't left to her thoughts for long, the lock of the door clicked and the ones named Hange and Levi arrived.

"Rise and shine Captain Y/N!" Hange teases, you give no reaction. Levi stays silent as well just looking at you with his regular expression. "Okay tough crowd." They say and come closer to you. They unlock your chain.

"Was the chain necessary?" You ask rolling your ankle from its soreness. "Yes it was." Levi replies bluntly.

"Okay??" You raise your eyebrows and widen your eyes giving the same sass back at him.

"Here's a cloak, we're not exactly welcome from the government at the moment." Hange says as they hand you a dark brown cloaks.

Suddenly you hear a bark and some whining, a little table gets knocked over. You and Hange whip your head to see Levi struggling with Kane on a makeshift leash. You try not to laugh out loud.

"Why are you laughing and not helping me your damn dog?!" He slightly raises his voice. You get up and push Levi to the side and take the leash off of Kane.

"Kane doesn't do leashes, he only follows me or people I trust with him. Unless we're in near death he's on a leash." You roll your eyes and began to walk out the door.

You feel a hand grab your arm hard, Levi gets close to your face.

"Do not test me, don't forget your with us and we saved your ass. So I suggest not to get cocky...captain." He grits his teeth on captain. You cock your head and smirk.

"Captain Levi there's some dog pee on your boot." You jerk your arm from his grasp and walk out the room. Kane follows and Hange does the same. You hear a slight scoff from Levi as you exit the room, getting people riled up is your specialty.

————————

A soldier is controlling the horses up front as you, Kane, Levi, and Hange are in a covered carriage.

"Where are we going exactly?" You ask out of curiosity. "We're going to meet your second in commands hidden child. Since you are now it's sole caretaker now." Levi explains.

"How do you all even have her is my question." You cross your arms and look into his eyes. You never noticed how mysterious his eyes are, the hood gives them a shadowy effect. In light their a blueish green but when dark they're like a gray color. You snap out of your trance and refocus.

"We were able to find her through a spy and she's now in holding with two of our soldiers your guys'd new "home" near our base for right now, we were able to get your horse there as well." Hange explains as they pet Kane while he lays on Hange's lap.

"We've arrived." The solider says upfront.

"We won't be going in. This is all you Cross." Levi says.

You replace the hood closer to your face as much as you can. "Kane stay with Hange and Levi." You get out the carriage and make your way towards this shack looking house.

The two soldiers up front let you through and you hesitate before opening the door. You take a deep breath and open the door.

A little girl with blonde pigtails and brown eyes stares at you. She had a long white shirt on and was playing with a teddy bear.

You clear your throat. "Um...hi....Lily?" You ask.

"Mhm." She responds.

"Do you know who I am?" You ask her.

"Your momma's friend right? Y/N?" She asks. You get closer to her and kneel near her.

"Yes that kinda makes me your aunt in a way I guess." You chuckle. "Okay...well Auntie Y/N?"

"Yes Lily?"

"Is momma dead?" She asks. You feel your stomach drop. You couldn't help it at that point, you hug her and began to sob.

All the emotions and memories flood your head with Jessica and the squad. You feel Lily hug you back. "It's okay...you'll be okay. That's what momma always said." Lily says.

"Yeah...yeah she did." You chuckle and wipe your tears.

——————

It began to become dark, and the sun was slowly but surely setting. Lily was sleep in you lap with her teddy bear.

"You two will be provided with your own home once we get to base. Tomorrow we're gonna see what your made of Cross." Levi says.

"I still don't think I'm a titian." You say quietly trying not to wake Lily. "Well we saw the corpse you better start believing." Levi says bluntly.

"You know what? We're not going to do this back and forth shit. I don't know what you have against me Ackerman but I was my own captain before any of this shit." You stare him down.

"Key word "was" Cross." He says. You ball up your fist.

"I would relax that fist before you do something you regret." His voice gets lower and somewhat sinister.

"We're here-" before the solider could even get the last few words out you pick Lily up and get out the carriage. "Come Kane" you say, you needed to get far away from that man as possible. Kane follows you.

A single tear falls slowly from your cheek, you shake it away and breathe in and out.

——————

levi pov

"Captain what did we talk about yesterday?" Hange says crossing their arms.

"What? She needs to know her place." I say bluntly as usual. No feelings are gonna affect me in this world.

"Goodnight captain." Hange rolls their eyes and follows after them.

I sigh and notice that Y/N left the girls bear in the carriage she was a in such a hurry. I pick it up and sigh even more, I rub my temples.

"Idiot"

———————

Thank y'all for tuning in! See you next time!