➵ "100%"

Levi POV

y/n tucks Lily in at one of tents. "Your titian is so pretty Auntie Y/N" Lily then begins to yawn as she snuggles her teddy bear.

"Get some rest Lily, we got a big day tomorrow." Y/N kisses the top of her head and pulls the blanket more over Lily's shoulders.

She quietly shuffles out the tent and closes it.

She jumps a little, "Jesus Ackerman I didn't know you were watching." She straightens her posture.

"Sorry I came to check on you I didn't know it was bed time for Lily." I say.

"We got to go get Eren and Ymir tomorrow right?" She stands in front of me and looks straight into my eyes. I can tell somethings off with her, she's not as feisty as she usually is.

"Is something wrong?"

"Huh?" She looks surprised, her eyes go wide for a second. She then looks down, her feet taps up and down slightly.

"I'm fine."

"No your not"

"How do you know Ackerman?"

"I can tell a lot about a person in just a few days."

She goes silent.

"I'm 100% okay."

"100%?"

"100%."

The breeze takes over the silence, chatter amongst the soldiers is in the distance. She then clears her throat, "I'm going to go um....check on Blaze and Kane." She turns on her foot and walks away from me.

I sigh and let her leave.

___________

y/n pov

I made it to where the horses are. I point out Blaze, he was near the back of the horses. Blaze was a brown horse like all the other but what was different about him are his white spots. One of the white spots are on his flank and it looks like a little flame, hence his name. Kane was guarding the horses, his old age was definitely show by how tired he was but I can't blame him today was a lot.

I can understand why Levi was asking if I'm okay but...I didn't want to discuss my feelings with him.

It's not that I don't completely dislike Levi or anything it's just that, a lot has happened to me over the past few days mentally and physically. And I'm not going to discuss it with someone I just met nor someone I do not trust completely despite what I said to him earlier today, for that matter. But then again he hasn't given me a reason to not trust him.

I walk up to Blaze he recognizes me easily and comes up to me willingly. I place my forehead on his and scratch his nose lovingly.

Everything over the past few days rushes to my head and Levi's question, "is something wrong?"

I burst into tears and began to sob quietly.

My squad...I'm a titian....Lily..my life was a whirlwind right now.

"Excuse me...Captain Y/N." A nice voice calls out.

I suck in my sob and wipe my tears quickly. I turn around to see a blonde female soldier.

"Im sorry to interrupt you, I can comeback later." She says, obviously noticing I've been crying.

"No no it's fine."

"Right, I'm Krista...Um I notice you haven't ate yet so I wanted to bring you a plate." She says showing the plate.

I walk up to her and take it gracefully. I then touch her hand. And my vision gets blurry.

I start having visions of my father and my grandmother...my uncle....crystals...and a little girl.

I almost drop the plate and gasp. "Are you alright?! Here let's sit!" Krista takes my hand in one of hers and the plate in the other. We sit on some barrels.

"Sorry I scared you I guess I was more hungry than I thought." I lie. What the fuck was that? My head was hurting now...maybe I am just hungry and just hallucinating.

"It's alright....everyone's on edge at the moment." Krista chuckles. I began to eat quietly.

"Lily is very adorable."

I put my fork down and smile, "she is isn't she."

"She seems to be doing well, most of us scouts have kind of heard what happened to your squad and your situation....I'm very sorry" Krista began to twiddle her thumbs.

"It's alright...Lily was my second in commands daughter....she was my best friend." I say sadly.

Hell Jessica was my sister. She was my rock in this cruel world. She has kept me sane these past few years...I don't know what the hell I'm going to do without her.

"Ymir is mine." Krista says.

I suspiciously grab her hand and look at Krista in the eyes. Thankfully, that weird vision doesn't happen anymore so I say, "We're going to get her back...Best friends gotta stick together right?" I give her a smile.

She smiles at me back.

I think that's the first time I've genuinely smiled since everything. "I do have a question though Captain Y/N."

"Just y/n is fine, can't really be a captain with no squad am I right?" I give out a cackle. Krista pauses and awkwardly laughs.

"Too soon? Sorry..." I say.

"Don't worry everyone copes in different ways. My question is though, how is Kane so smart?"

We then discuss the history of How Kane is how he is for what seems like hours. I'm glad I talked to Krista, it made me forget all the bad shit that had happened to me for a moment. But I know this is only the calm before the storm.

________

A shorter chapter for the time being it's almost been a month and I'm trying to stay as consistent as I can before next semester because that's gonna be a mess! As always thanks for reading!
~ fairyxtails 💗