Andrew

I followed Carter out of the room. I was silently panicking. If anyone gets ahold of the folders, it will ruin our family. No one is suppose to know about the mistakes my family has made. We reached his office, and I saw that he was telling the truth the drawers were open and empty.

"Carter! How incompetent are you? I trusted you with our family's most important information and you lose it." This boy is going to pay if we don't find those files.

"I-I'm sorry Andrew. The key was m-missing, I had to use the spare t-to open the cabinet. I swear it wa-wasn't empty last night before I went to b-b-bed. I ch-check it every morning and every evening, like y-you told me." He was a stuttering idiot.

"You do realize that if what you're saying is true then only someone in this house could have stolen it. Are you accusing one of your family members?"

"Take Jeffery and search the house. Bring Brittany to me, I need to talk to her." Carter nodded and left. Lord God please save this family, I prayed. Our family has had nothing but trouble from day one, and I had just managed to turn things around. God has forgiven me for the sins I had committed.

"You wanted to see me Andrew?" Brittany walked into the room. This is the girl that's been causing me nothing but trouble since the day she moved it. I couldn't turn her away though, that was a sin.

"Did you take the files?" I asked, deadly calm.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play me for a fool Brittany! You've hated our agreement since they day I had you sign that contract. Just give me back the Files!" My voice was getting dangerously loud. I wasn't a patient man.

"You forced me into that contract! I wanted to raise my son, but you took him from me!" I slapped her hard across the face, and she fell.

"You need to learn to fear the Lord! What you did was a sin. A sin that I helped you repent for. You needed to suffer the repercussions of such scandal," I pulled her up, feeling my nails dig into her skin. She tried to leave but tripped and hit her head hard on the side of the coffee table.

"Just give me back the files Brittany or so help me God, you'll pay!"

"I don't have them! I don't even know what you're talking about!"

This time I yanked her up by her hair and punched her in the eye before leaving her to go find Carter. If those papers weren't found soon, it wouldn't just be Brittany suffering the consequences.