Lovers in the glade- Newt

*Newt's POV*

I had liked y/n since I set my eyes on her. She was the sweetest girl I had ever met, well that I could remember meeting. I knew that my crush would come to the point where I would begin to fall for her. When I woke up today I knew it was the exact right time to tell her. The weather was nice and she was in a good mood. I hurried out of bed and got changed. I went down to the dining hall. There she was with Minho and Thomas. I sat down,  "Good morning y/n", I say, "Morning Newt", She says with a smile. Minho was cracking cheesy jokes and it didnt seem y/n was in a deep conversation with anyone. "Hey y/n", I say, "Yeah Newt?" She says, "Come outside. I need to tell you something", I say.

                                                                       *Your POV*
I had always fancied Newt. He was always nice to me and helped me out a lot when I was a greenie. Over time that guy I saw as a friend turned into the guy i'd do anything to be able to go on a date with. I didnt think I had ever met someone as genuine and kind as him. This morning the sun shone right through my window, forcing me to wake up. I skipped along to the dining hall for breakfast. Minho and Thomas were already waiting for me, "Minho please stop with the cheesy jokes", I whined, "Well now I want to keep making cheesy jokes", He says. Newt comes in and sits down. He is surprisingly quiet except for a quick and nervous sounding "Morning y/n". I knew something was up with him. "Hey y/n", He says, "Yeah Newt?" I say, "Come outside. I need to tell you something", He says. We go outside together. I see Thomas give Minho a concerned look. I stand with Newt, "Look y/n. Theres something I havent been truthful to you about", He says. I realise I had just been standing there in silence for a few minutes, thinking, "What is it. I think I need to tell you something as well", I say, "Well who should go first?" he gives a nervous laugh, "Well I guess I can. You seem pretty on edge. Well Newt I really lo-", My sentence is cut off by his lips on mine. Damn. We werent even an item yet and we had already began our first make out session. The kiss goes on for what I think is forever. I feel my cheeks burn bright pink. We pull away and Minho and Thomas burst into applause, "Y/n, will you go out with me", He says with a smile, "Well of course. I was going to ask you the same thing!" I say. He grabs me and pulls me close, "Geez you guys get a room", Minho says covering his eyes, "Well im sorry you bought tickets to our show", I say sassily,  "What would Alby say if he saw you shuckfaces pashing eachother rather than working", Thomas says, "I think he'd call you lazy shuckfaces", Minho says. Newt pulls away from me and walks over to Minho and Thomas, "Im sure you shanks are just bloody jealous", Newt says with a laugh. I can tell he is just being silly. They all burst into laughter. "Anyway my lady. Where were we?" Newt says, "Hm let me think", I say with a smile.

*You guys ended up making it to work that day but its up to you whether you make it to dinner*

A/N: Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know im going to do a 'Lovers in the glade' thing for Minho and Thomas as well but im going to do them on seperate pages if you know what I mean!! I hope you enjoyed this!! Thanks for all the support!!