𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

"Explain then" I said and looked away.
"Not here, can we sit please" I stared at him and then shook my head.

"Why? Why can't we talk here?" Taehyung suddenly reached out to hold my hand and oh my god, the warmth of his palm against my cold ones, sent shivers down my spine.

I don't know if I was that obvious but Taehyung glanced at our hands and immediately pulled back.

And as I much as I hate to say, I can't deny that I immediately missed his touch.

"Can we sit and talk? Please" I nodded and he gave me a tight smile, as if to appreciate my thoughtfulness.

I went to the living room and sat down on the couch. Taehyung followed behind me but unexpectedly, he didn't sit beside me. Instead, he knelt down in front of me to maintain an eye level.

He reached out and held my hand. I didn't flinch or react this time because I could feel this was a sensitive topic for him to address and reacting to his touch would be the last thing he wanted.

"Y/N, I don't know how to say this but...he is my brother" Although I couldn't see my face, I knew my eyes were as wide as saucers.

His brother?

"Y-Your brother?!" He nodded "My step-brother"

I doubt if there's enough words to describe how shocked I was at the revelation.

Taehyung must have noticed the shock in my expression and hence he continued.

"I know this is astounding but it is true" He took a deep breath and looked at me, eye to eye.

Silence slowly fell in the room. It was only us staring at each other.

"W-why did you get angry?" I asked, my voice trembled as I spoke.

He looked away as if to hide his expression but I could see very well how his jaw clenched and flexed as he was probably framing an answer in his mind.

I touched his shoulder but he didn't move an inch.

"I don't like seeing you angry" My voice came out as a whisper and I was surprised that Taehyung actually heard me.

He looked at me, his features much more gentler than before but not completely relaxed.

"He talked about you" He said after a long pause.

Oh my stupid heart, calm down!

It didn't. My heart thumped against my chest, faster now.

"I couldn't keep my temper in control" He looked at me like I meant everything to him.

His hands reached out to gently cup my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't mean to shout"

I wanted to speak up but I felt like I had lost my voice at that moment. Taehyung shifted closer.

"I don't like when other guys talk about you like that"

"Why?" That was the only word that came out although I wanted to say so many things.

"Because you mean alot to me than you think" That's it. My emotions got the best of me. Tears welled up in my eyes as I stared at him with gratitude and adoration.

"No no don't cry" He came closer and wiped a drop of tear with his thumb. But what we didn't realise were the way our bodies touched each other.

His breath fanned my lips and I reckon so was the case with him. His lips parted and my eyes closed.

I sat there waiting for what was coming.

***

What was coming? 👀