𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

TW: This chapter has mention of death and self harm, please do not read if you're sensitive to such things. Also, this is strictly fictional, please don't associate it with real life.

-----

Taehyung was choking on his tears and I had no idea how to comfort him. He was still hugging me but I tried to ignore the way tiny butterflies danced in my stomach.

But no amount of butterflies will change the fact that Taehyung was probably crying over a girl right now and just the thought was shattering my heart.

"I wish she was here" He sobbed. This time, I decided to question him.

"Who?" I could barely speak with everything going inside my mind.

He released me from his grip and stared at me. For a second I thought I had made a mistake asking him but then he stared at the ceiling, probably trying to control his tears or trying to process his words.

"My mom"

I was dumbfounded.

Wow. Now I had more questions in my mind but I decided to keep my mouth shut.

Focus Y/N. Focus, Taehyung needs your comfort.

My comfort.

Ok. Enough distraction.

I took a deep breath and sat in front of him.
"I'm sorry, I don't know what happened to your mom but she wouldn't like to see you cry right?"

"I lost her. Dad lost a gem like her in search for a stone" His voice sounded more gruff now that he switched the topic to his dad.

His dad. Never heard about him either. Anyways, none of my business.

"You lost her?" I didn't mean to ask that. It's a horrible question to ask someone when they're trying to cope up with a grief.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean t-" "She committed suicide"

I was shocked. Shocked was an understatement to describe how I felt.

But the feeling slowly changed to grief. Now I know why he was crying and my heart ached thinking about him.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know" "It's okay, nothing to be sorry about" He smiled a little but I could still see the tears in his eyes.

My eyes welled up as well but I was fortunate enough to control them from falling.

"D-do you need water? Wait, I'll bring-" "Just stay" He grabbed my wrist.

I nodded and sat down beside him. Silence fell over;  Taehyung stared at the ceiling trying to calm himself. I decided not to say anything and give him the time he needed.

"I'm sorry... " He whispered, his voice heavier and hoarse due to crying.

I looked at him confused and he seemed to get the hint. "... For ranting and um... also for yelling at you last time"

"Taehyung I- It's absolutely fine, you don't need to apologize for that, I understand after what you went through"

He nodded in response. Silence took over once again.
His fingers intertwined with mine causing me to look up. His honey brown eyes stared back at mine.

His hands slowly found their way to my face, slowly caressing my cheeks.

His breath fanned my lips and next second I knew his lips had met mine already.

***

Ughhh the way my heart fluttered while writing the last line ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )