Chapter 18

(More smut warning!!!)

June 2003

"So what happened when you got to the coast?" The memories of that sofa came flooding back, she could still fell him in-between her legs all these years later. You're mine. His deep voice filling her head. You'll always be mine. She started shaking her head, her heart breaking from missing him, from hating him and from the guilt of him. You'll never be able to hide from me. All those months inside that house filled her mind, the cold English sea crashing onto her back as his arms held her.

"Florence?" She couldn't hear Harry's voice over the waves, Mattheo's booming laugh washing over her, like the little kisses he'd sprinkle over her body each night, his lips pressing into the bruises and hickeys he'd leave all over her.

"Miss Lake?" She felt a man's hand on her shoulder, making her jump out of chair as she felt Mattheo's hand grabbing the same shoulder, pulling her away from the death curse flying towards her.

"I can't." She looked up and stared at all of the male faces, all looking the same as the others, all looking like Mattheo in her eyes.

"Please, I need to lie down. I promise we'll continue... but please I can't..." She looked down to see her trembling hands stretching out in front of her numb body.

"Flo." She looked up, relieved to see Harry's face. His eyes wide and kind, like how they used to be. "Calm down, you've done well. You've done really well." He walked around the desk, approaching her cautiously. "We have a safe house for you, you can go and rest and we can continue tomorrow. We've been here for hours. It's late, you're just tired." Florence nodded as Harry slowly put his arm around her to lead her out of the office. Her eyes burned as the hallway lights hit her. She saw the blurred outlines of Ron's red hair and Hermione's black suit.

"Merlin, Florence are you alright?" Florence blinked towards Hermione's voice.

"She's alright, she's just tired. We're taking her somewhere safe for the night."

"Nowhere's safe." Florence heard the words in her voice, but didn't know how they escaped her lips.

---

April 1998

"Are you going to spend all day in the garden?" Mattheo stood shirtless, leaning against the wooden doorframe. His skin starting to tan from the spring sun made him look ethereal.

"I have to get all this planted while there's still rain." She laughed. He loved watching her dig her fingers into the dirt, her forehead glistening from the hard work. He walked up to her, placing himself behind her small body sat on the floor, hunched over her vegetable patch.

"Flora we live in England." He lowered himself around her, his arms wrapping themselves under her tired arms, his fingers clinging in front of her stomach. "It rains all year round." She giggled as he tightened his grip, slowly picking her up.

"Theo stop!" She laughed, playfully hitting his strong arms as he began carrying her away.

"Your plants aren't the only ones who need your attention around here." She rolled her eyes.

"Stop! I don't want to go inside on such a nice day!" She squealed, making him stop just before entering back into the kitchen. He lowered his head next to hers, pressing his lips against her ear, his grip on her never wavering.

"Well then, my dear, what do you suggest?" She turned her head, pressing her cheek against his warm lips.

"I suggest you carry me to the greenhouse.. my dear." He grinned, already turning back into the garden, carrying her in front of him like a child.