Chapter 1

Author's Note: Harry's a little OOC in this story. You have been warned.

This book already has copyrights since this1s4u accepts me from adopting this fanfic story of her's before and after I start published this discontinue book of her's. Can still be read but can't actually be from stealing her hard work from taking credit of it in other site.
Definitely involve this ending sentence towards to scammers because, this isn't 'your' story ffs #BewareOfScammers #HereOnWattpad 😶

Nearly everyone in the Gryffindor team roared with the wind and thunder at the news. Wood had just told them that they wouldn't be playing against Slytherin. The only person who didn't seem bothered by this, is Harry. He just wanted to go back to his dormitory and bury himself under layers of sweaters and blankets, and use the Doubling Charm on his pillow to multiply it, so he can also hide underneath them. It had been raining all day, and they've been practicing for hours in the cold and wet, so please let it stop.

"I know," Wood bitterly shouted. "And we've been practicing all those moves assuming we're playing Slytherin, and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style's quite different. They've got a new Captain and Seeker, Cedric Diggory---"

Angelina, Alicia, and Katie suddenly giggled.

Wood frowned at them. "What?"

"He's that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" said Angelina.

"Strong and silent," Katie added and they started to giggle again.

"He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together," Fred impatiently said. "I don't know why you're worried, Oliver, Hufflepuff is a pushover. Last time we played them, Harry caught the Snitch in about five minutes, remember?"

"We were playing in completely different conditions!" Wood bellowed with his eyes bulging slightly. "Diggory's got a very strong side together! He's an excellent Seeker! I was afraid you'd take it like this! We mustn't relax! We must keep our focus! Slytherin is trying to wrong-foot us! We must win!"

"Oliver, calm down!" Fred yelled, looking slightly alarmed. "We're taking Hufflepuff very seriously. Seriously."

Finally, the practice is OVER. After battling through a freezing shower room, Harry grabbed the pale yellow sweater Mrs. Weasley made for him last year and quickly put it on. He picked up his Nimbus 2000 and left with his teammates. When they returned to the castle, they all parted ways. Wood went straight to the library to borrow a book about Quidditch strategies, Fred and George ran off to find Lee Jordan, while the girls gossiped about Cedric Diggory---whoever he is.

They all seem to be making a big deal about him. Is he really that good-looking? And did Wood actually mean it when he said he's an excellent Seeker? Harry gripped his broom tighter. He couldn't help but feel intimidated by the mere thought of him. After all, the unknown is always more frightening than a battle you were expecting to come. And unfortunately for him, Cedric Diggory is not someone he had prepared to face.

While trapped in his thoughts, he distractedly took a detour and found himself in an empty hallway. It was one of those places that anyone would avoid because of a frigid draft coming through a broken window. And for once that day, he didn't mind the cold. The hall was wide and free, and there was no other student there besides him. He could enjoy it while it lasts.

But what can he do?

Random thoughts raced across his head like Chasers passing his attention in the form of a Quaffle. There were so many things he could try. He could run like a three-year-old, sing at the top of his lungs, or even fly around the hall on his broomstick! But no, that's just stupid. Hmm... he thoughtfully rested one side of his chin on his knuckle as he held his broomstick. Then... a casual thought waved at him. He thought of the possibility. He remembered seeing ninjas using sticks as weapons on the telly back at the Dursleys. It was one of those rare occasions when he caught a felicitous glance at the luxurious object that was so near and yet so far. And he got to watch for thirty blessed seconds before Dudley caught him and... well, he didn't want to think about what happened next.