Chapter 5

Copyrights for this fanfic story since I already adopt this1s4u's discontinued book

Thank you for the votes @DarkAngel9722 @saintmerthur and @LucasLuxio

And thanks for adding this story to your reading lists @saraaudreykeys @LucasLuxio @244843a @SagittarianFireRat @Flower_Hybrid @horsecrazy27yo and @Expeliarmux

Also, thank you for your comment, @Emiliaco_

Thank you everyone for reading ʕʔ

Harry got out of the hospital wing and was on his way to breakfast in the Great Hall. He had asked Ron and Hermione to bring him some books the other day to while away the hours in the infirmary. Ron didn't bring him any, as Hermione gave him a whopping amount of ten books. He only read three, and he returned half of them to the library before rushing off to the Great Hall. He was held back by Madam Pomfrey who insisted on giving him a last check-up. Now with only fifteen minutes left to spare before his first class, he rushed into the Hall. In his hurry, he didn't notice that a leg stuck out unexpectedly in front of him.

With a yelp, he crashed to the ground and the five books in his arms slid across the floor. The Slytherins roared in laughter. One of them must've tripped him. "Looks like Potter fell again!" They laughed harder at this.

"Good Merlin, Potter, you can't even stay on your feet!"

"Much less on a broomstick!"

Of course, the Slytherins are always the first ones he'd meet, with their table nearest the doors. His table's at the other end, and Ron and Hermione looked up with concern from the far side of the Hall. Why can't Gryffindors and Slytherins switch places?

He started to pick up his books. He got three when he noticed that two of them were missing.

"Hey, Potter! Looking for this?" One of them raised a book. He recognized him as one of the Slytherin Chasers, Cassius Warrington. His massive size reminded him of Dudley, and he did his best not to gulp audibly.

"Um... yes. Can I have it back please?"

"Here, catch!"

He was about to reach out for it when a bigger student knocked him out of the way. He fell back to the ground while the student caught the book.

"Derrick, over here!" Bletchley yelled, waving at him. Derrick threw the book at him and he caught it. "Catch the book, Potter!" He hurled it at Montague who was just behind Harry. His fingers nearly brushed the book as it soared above him and landed in Montague's hands. He threw it at Bole who waved it tauntingly at him before passing it to Marcus Flint. He lobbed the book at Warrington when---

"Gentlemen," a voice sounded, loud and clear amidst the Slytherin jeers.

Harry looked up and saw Cedric Diggory, sternly looking at each of them. "I'm afraid I have to take a point from each of you, and unless you return that book, you will lose ten additional points." Warrington gave him a contemptuous glare before shoving the book back to Harry. He stumbled backwards and tried to regain his balance, eager to not fall on the floor again. With one last dagger in their eyes for Cedric, the Slytherin Quidditch team returned to their seats.

Cedric's steely gray eyes softened when he turned his gaze to Harry. "You okay?"

"Er... yeah, thanks."

"Try not to be a pushover, all right? You're a Gryffindor for crying out loud."

"Right," Harry nodded as his cheeks burned, ashamed of himself when he remembered what Fred said about Hufflepuffs being pushovers. And yet here he was, a Gryffindor being a pushover in front of a Hufflepuff. What would his friends say? Or rather... what would they think?