Chapter 4

Copyrights for this fanfic story since I already adopt this1s4u's discontinued book

A/N: Some of these are just headcanons, guys. Feel free to judge them. Oh, and Chapter 2 and 3 were edited if you haven't checked them out yet. Just so you know, I'll edit published chapters whenever I feel like it. I will warmly accept constructive criticisms from you. Thank you.

If there is one thing that makes Cedric a human, it's his weakness for anything crunchy: crisps, toast, cookies, crackers, you name it. Anything he can sink his teeth into to relieve his stress. If it isn't crunchy, it has to be chewy---and it's definitely not chewing gum. His friends knew better than to ask for some when he's in a bad mood. Right now, he ran out of crisps, so he's manducating on marshmallows. If there's anything better than brittle, wafer-thin slices of potato, it's the spongy texture of a squishy confection before it turns into treacly mush between the teeth.

He already owled his parents, telling them about the first match and that he ran out of crisps. He knew he could ask some from house-elves, but he always preferred his mother's homemade ones. Perhaps it's because of the fact that he misses her, or maybe it's because she includes nori sheets in her packages. As he was thinking of nori sheets, there came a knock on the door.

"Ced, we know you're in there. Come out."

Yep, that's Bert all right. He's the first one to know where Cedric's den is. The Hufflepuff common room had tunnels leading off to separate dens where students could have some privacy. There were twelve known, but sometimes there are more. The Hufflepuffs would have to find out as they crawl through the tunnels. Cedric discovered this last year, and he never told anyone about it. Bert only found out because Silas suggested they send him an owl to find where he is and follow that owl. (A/N: I got the owl idea from Pinterest/Tumblr). And speaking of Silas...

"Cedric Amos Diggory, so help me, I will use Confringo to break down the door."

"Don't you mean Reducto?" came Graham's voice. "Confringo's not only going to destroy the door. It's going to kill us all and destroy the whole place!"

"Then Confringo it is," Silas determinedly said.

Cedric heard Menti groan. "Screw wands and curses. I'm breaking this door with my bare hands!"

"There's Alohomora if anyone's interested," Graham timidly said. "Or there's the better option of knocking again..."

And then came Paxton's shout. "Countdown will start in ten, nine, eight---"

"Ced, help us out here," Bert whispered desperately. "Gray and I are surrounded by angry psychopaths. Please, open the door."

"Silas, don't!" Graham said.

"---three, two, one---"

Cedric opened the door.

"Confrin---"

Silas was suddenly thrown backward by a single point of Cedric's wand. He smashed into the wall and crumpled to the ground.

"Oh ho ho!" Menti said.

"Nice," Pax added.

Cedric climbed out, went over to Silas, and held out his hand. "Remind me to mourn for you next time."

Silas didn't take his hand and dramatically sprawled on the ground. "I'm dead. Can't you mourn for me now?"

"You're still alive Silas. For now," Ced added with a grin, knowing how his friend would react to this.

"Such a disappointment!" he said as he feigned sorrow by putting the back of his hand on his forehead.

"Such an actor," Cedric muttered as he pulled him up by the shoulders. "Come on, get up."