Chapter 3

Copyrights for this fanfic story since I already adopt this1s4u's discontinued book

*Edited; perfectionist alert (that's me)

Sorry, I forgot about my OC's (Cedric's friends). They're supposed to wish him luck and... yeah, I think it's best if they share the same dormitory, so... there. Also, Harry's personality changed in the previous version of this chapter, so now I'm returning his awkward self here. That's all, thanks. Oh, and thank you for voting @LucasLuxio and @saintmerthur Special mention as well to @saraaudreykeys for being the first one to add my story to a reading list. Thank you.

Cedric woke up on the day of the match under his black-and-yellow checkered quilt, protected from the storm. The bed was so plushy and so comfortable, he didn't want to get up. The room was quiet except for the snores of his roommates. He heard someone grunt in his sleep and mutter something. The last thing he heard was Paxton Eastaugh saying, "Get him... you... dolt..." before Cedric dozed off.

He was flying... or rather, he felt he was... strangely enough, he was also drowning. The mist of gray slowly achieved clarity, and he saw a glint of gold. He squinted and recognized the Snitch. Rain poured in torrential buckets of water, but he didn't feel cold. The wind became a wall and he couldn't move. The Snitch was there and he couldn't grab it.

Suddenly, a red blur changed the wind's course, and he could breathe properly again. He realized he could move now, so he chased after the Snitch. It was just as he practiced. He gripped his broom tight as he fixed his eyes on that golden ball. He was getting closer... and closer... until finally, his hand closed triumphantly around it.

He felt the odd sensation that the Snitch was bigger than it looked. And it wasn't metal at all. It was soft and warm, and as he blinked, he caught sight of the red blur again... and he was holding it in his arms. His vision sharpened, and he saw a boy in red Quidditch robes looking up at him. Harry?

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Gray, it's Saturday!"

"Sorry! I set it last night without thinking."

Cedric opened his eyes as he and his friends awoke to the sound of an alarm clock.

"NO!" Pax yelled. "YOU RAN OUT OF TIME, YOU DULL-WITTED NUMPTY! YOU LOST YOUR---"

"Quiet down, Paxton, it's only a dream," Bert said without looking up from his pillow as Graham Fernsby reached for the beeping device.

Pax yawned loudly before stopping and looking around. "Wait, where am I?"

"You're in the dormitory, you dull-witted numpty," Silas muttered as he pulled his quilt above his head.

"Okay, I'm going back to sleep," Pax said before sinking back to his bed.

Cedric couldn't remember his dream, but he knew Harry was in it. Thinking of him, he remembered what Preece and Tammy said, and wondered if Harry's more nervous about the match than Cedric will ever be. The storm's going to be rough on his frail and tiny frame, and he's probably scared of what his teammates would think if they lose. Still, Cedric had his own fears. His team would be out there soon, and if they mess up---if he messes up---they'll... he'd rather not think about it.

He stared at the canopy top of his four-poster bed, soft and butterscotch-colored. His eyes wandered over to the curtains with the same shade of yellow, bordering brown with complex embroideries. The white spherical lamps above either side of their beds emitted a gentle glow as they sprang to life, causing their copper parts to catch their lights. The plants from the walls near the ceiling woke up as well, letting their vines and tendrils cascade down their pots from their curled up positions in their earthy home. They made a faint tinkling sound like wind chimes, signaling the start of a new day.