Pineapples and Flames

Trigger warning: this chapter mentions things like abuse and rape. Please do not read if these topics will cause any emotional harm. Thank you.

[Pov: y/n]
__________________________
"Trust me! She's gonna be mad when she wakes up. She hit me pretty hard when I changed her." Ace's voice pulled me from my slumber. I was in a small medical room. Ace was across the room talking to a man who's hair resembled a pineapple. "Ace I had to. I couldn't have stitched her up in your t-shirt. Plus I'm a doctor yoi." The pineapple replied as their attention turned towards me. "Hit him not me!" Ace looked a little scared as he pointed to the other man.

Why would I hit.... Oh

I was now in a (f/c) tank top and my cozy black sweats. "Glad to see you're already awake. You lost a fair amount of blood. But you should be fine now. Just don't get the stitches on your back wet for 48 hours." The pineapple explained. He was in a typical doctor get up, minus a pair of sandals. "O-okay. But ummm... who are you?" I replied. My back ached as I shifted myself up on the hospital bed. "Name's Marco. I should let Pops know you're awake yoi" he said as he left the room. Ace walked over to me and pulled me in for a light hug.

"See told you you needed me." He chuckled in my ear but I could hear the worry in his voice. "Shut up. Im not really in the mood for I told you so's" I grumbled as I leaned my forehead against his chest. "I saw your tattoo... is that why you wouldn't tell me who you are?"
"I didn't want to scare you. I know we don't have the same reputation as some of the other gangs. But you'd just been attacked. Im sorry..." his voice trailed off as his eyes found mine. His breath was hot on my face as he stared at me, inches away from my own. Butterflies annoyingly fluttered in my stomach as I felt my face begin to flush.
-
After meeting Pops, real name Edward Newgate, the head of the Whitebeard family, Ace and I headed back to his place. On the drive over he told me about his past.

He wasn't a huge fan of his biological father and growing up, with the help of his two adoptive brothers, he'd caused nothing but trouble. He'd even started his own small street gang before he'd met Pops. Newgate had saved him and taken him in as one of his own. "That man is my only father. I don't know where I'd be without him." Ace sighed as he pulled into the parking garage. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I know what it's like to not get along with your parents." My eyes teared up a little as I recalled my own past.

"Home was the last place I wanted to be. All that was waiting for me there was another broken arm. So I continued to ride my bike down the road. A few kids threw rocks at me as I peddled faster. After grandma had passed away my life had gone down the drain. Her house was my only escape, my safe haven.

Mom had left when I was 3, leaving me in the care of my abusive alcoholic father. Grandma had begged him to let me stay with her, but he refused. "She's my daughter she should be with her father!" His touch made me shiver as I cried up at grandma. Unfortunately thanks to his connections all charges against him were dropped.

On the night of my 14th birthday everything got worse. Id begun to develop into a young woman and my father decided I'd be a good replacement for my mom as more than a punching bag. The moment he touched my chest I'd found the courage to fight back. I'd broken his nose and run out the door. When he'd finally caught me he took his anger out on me before marking me as his."

I looked down at the sun tattoo on my wrist. I'd gotten it to cover the scar of where my father had carved his initials. Ace grabbed my hand in one of his own before using the other to prop my chin up so he could look into my eyes. "That's awful. How could anyone do such a thing to their daughter. Especially you (f/n)" his eyes held mine as he rubbed his thumb over my tattoo. "I eventually got him back, it's how I was able to get emancipated at 16. His contacts couldn't drop the charges after I showed multiple videos of his abuse..." my voice cracked as tears filled my eyes. The videos had been humiliating, and I'd had to move to a different town afterwards. There were a few guys at my old high school who'd found the rape to be a turn on. I'd worked my butt off and graduated two years early and never looked back.

Ace held me in his arms for a little as I cried. After I'd managed to calm down we headed upstairs. Tiffany was already up and getting ready for work. He face dropped when she saw me. "What happened? Are you alright? I can call Carlos to cover for me. That bastard owes me one." I stopped her from dialing her coworker and said through a forced smile, "I'll be fine Tiff. Just a long night. Save your favor for something more important." She pulled me into a big hug before kissing my forehead and heading out the door. The last thing she said as she left was for Ace "You better not do anything to (y/n) or I'll kick your ass when I get back!"
-
[Pov: Ace]

I stared down at the (h/c) haired beauty who lay fast asleep in my lap. I'd felt my heart break a little as she told me about her past. No one should do that to their own flesh and blood. I hadn't known her more than 24 hours but something told me she was a kind and compassionate woman. A bit of a brat at times, but I kinda liked it. I ran my hand through her hair as she slept, vowing to protect her from anyone who tried to harm her.
______________________________
Thanks for reading. I know this chapter was a bit harder to get through but I promise the next chapter is going to have some cute moments.