Confessions on a Farris Wheel

[Pov: y/n]
   ___________________________
"We should go do something fun!" Ace's amber eyes sparkled with excitement as he slammed his hands on the counter in front of me. It had been three months since I met the freckled goofball. I was now living at his place, too afraid of another attack to be on my own. Tiffany ended up moving in with her boyfriend after the first few days of our stay. Ace had been a bit shocked when he found out she wasn't single. Tiff wasn't a bad person though, her and her man just lived that poly-life style.

"Like what?" I sighed as I downed my cup of coffee. I'd woken up about 20 minutes ago to the smells of burning bacon. Ace could really only cook mac'n'cheese well, though he tried his best at other foods. "Hmmmm... we could go to Sabaody Park. They have a new roller coaster!" He slid a plate of slightly burnt food towards me as he began stuffing his own face. It was almost cute the way he stuffed his face like a giant toddler. Though he had this really weird habit of falling asleep in the middle of eating. The first time it happened I'd panicked and dialed Marco. The pineapple head had just laughed at me as I explained Ace had died while eating spaghetti.

"Really Sabaody? What are you 10?" I teased. He sensed the sarcasm in my voice and flicked a burnt piece of bacon at me as he stuck out his tongue. I simply laughed before getting up to do the dishes. "You know it will be fun~ And after these past few weeks you could really use some fun." He playfully bumped my hip with his own as he grabbed a towel to dry what I washed. I knew he was right, and the amusement park sounded like a lot of fun. Deep down I was secretly also 10.

After we finished the dishes I headed off to shower and get ready. I tied my hair up into a high ponytail and put on a bit of eyeliner and lipgloss. For my outfit I decided on a pair of acid washed overalls and a simple black crop top. After tying a black bandana around my head as a headband and throwing on my favorite vans I was ready to go. Aces face flushed a little as I walked out of my room. "Y-you look amazing." His flustered state made him stumble over his words.

"You're not looking too shabby either." I giggled. Today he was in an orange tank top that hugged his muscles and a pair of knee length jorts. His signature hat and boots ever present. I'd admitted to myself I had a bit of a crush on my freckled savior, but I'd never let him know.

Ace insisted on paying for admission when we got to the park, which I was slightly grateful for. Digital commissions didn't go for as much as my normal paintings did, and I wasn't getting a lot of those. "So where first?" my apparent date said as he pulled me through the park. "Oooh! We should go on the tea cups!" I squealed. My inner child was having a field day at all the excitement.

I immediately regretted my decision when we sat down in the giant tea cup. Ace smiled at me, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. Then he began to spin us as fast as he physically could. "We're gonna die!!!" I screamed, clinging to the seat for dear life.

"I'm so sorry (y/n). I didn't think you'd get sick that easily." The freckled moron said as he rubbed my back. I was bent over a trashcan, ejecting the contents of my stomach. "Most people don't spin the ride so fast the cup comes flying off!" I groaned.

Next we went on the bumper cars. I had a lot more fun with that one as I'd destroyed Ace. I'd cornered him and won my victory meaning he owed me lunch. "That was a dirty trick! You can't just pin a man in the corner and laugh as he bounces off of you!" Ace pouted as we made our way to the food stalls. "All's fair in love and war!" I giggled. Ace wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him before proceeding to give me a noogie. "Hey!" I whined as I tried to escape. "Now my hairs ruined!"

While Ace was busy with procuring us some hotdogs I wandered into the bathroom to fix my hair. After fixing the damage Ace had caused, I took a moment to check out my appearance before touching up my makeup and heading back out into the world.

I wasn't entirely sure why I suddenly got so bummed when I noticed Ace talking to someone. She was a gorgeous girl with long blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail. She inched closer to the freckled raven as she spoke. Ace looked a little uncomfortable at her advances, giving me my perfect opportunity to step in. "Hey babe~." I said as I wrapped my arms around Ace's waist. I poked my head out from behind him to stare at the blonde. "Who's this? Replacing me already?" My voice held a coy teasing tone as I tried to make the blonde believe Ace was my boyfriend. Her face held disgust as she stomped off. Laughing I looked up at the male who was currently wrapped in my arms.

His face was bright red making his freckles really pop. "Too much? You looked like you needed help." I laughed as I grabbed one of the hotdogs in his hand. He cleared his throat a little before finally speaking, "Just didn't expect you to call me babe. Uh thanks for that by the way." I couldn't help but smile at his awkward behavior.

He really is cute~

After our mini corn dog based feast we road a few more rides. I'd very much disliked the roller coaster but Ace had blast. I kicked his butt at a few of the game booths winning us a few new stuffies. And I'd managed to get him to go in a fun house with me, though that one had been a poor choice. Ace had smashed his nose pretty hard against one of the glass partitions in the maze.

By the time we made it to the Ferris wheel the sun was setting. My eyes grew huge as I took in the view from the top. Everything looked like a fairytale below. Twinkling lights from the various booths and rides illuminated the people that now looked like ants. The faint glow of red as the sun set gave way to the various stars that somehow still managed to shine even with the light pollution. "It's so beautiful!" I couldn't help the childish excitement in my tone. "Yeah it is..." I turned to look at Ace only to find his eyes staring at me.

Wait what?!?

My face felt like it was on fire as I sat back down in my seat. "W-what? Do I have something on my face?" The words sticking in my throat making it hard to talk. Ace slowly shifted so our legs were touching, wrapping his arm around my waist to pull me closer to him. His dark amber eyes locked onto mine as his free hand delicately brushes a few loose hairs from my face. "Nope, you're just more breathtaking than the view." As he spoke he closed the distance between us, lips melding into my own.

The kiss sent fire through my body and before long I found myself kissing him back. My hand found its way into his dark locks as I pulled him closer, deepening the kiss.

This must be what heaven feels like....
______________________________
Thanks for reading!