6- Secrets and Surprises

*Picture reference: This is one of the two covers that I have made for my story in addition to the present cover. Please comment which one you prefer, this one or the one I already have as the cover. I might post the other cover in the next update. Thank you!*

        ** *Hides in shame* I cannot apologize enough about not updating for over two weeks, to put it simply, life got in the way. The result of a shameful writer, is a treat to her readers. This update is the longest one yet, I hope you enjoy it and comment on your thoughts. It’s one in the morning and I have school in a few hours, ugh, see you soon!**  

        Kaspar’s POV (Who’s excited? Because I am!)

        As Kasey and I rose from our chairs at the dinner table to chase after Elian, King Caspian signaled us to remain seated at the table. While we halted in our attempts, the pestering merprince, continued to walk out of the dining room and towards the door to presumably look for Elian. A growl nearly made itself audible in irritation as we were stopped but I swallowed it down.

        “Alphas, let Elian cool off and collect his scattered emotions. He will be okay. Not to mention, Daniel is looking out for him as we speak,” Queen Cara advised.

        We both nodded, still uneasy about letting Elian go out there alone. It shouldn’t be this guy going after Elian, it should be us. Let’s not forget the fact that this Daniel just declared he was gay and Elian is as well. Daniel could possibly come onto Elian in a matter that Elian does not prefer. All of these thoughts disgusted and angered me until my nails on my fingers were piercing the skin on my palms as my hands were shaped into fists. Once I felt Kasey’s hand on my shoulder, I immediately relaxed to be able to control my anger and emotions.

          It was a mystery as to why the two of us always seemed to feel strongly about Elian’s well being, though it always felt like we were like this from the beginning, as pups looking over their treasured friend. Elian was always in great danger, being the Lord of the Fae and not identifying his parents’ murderers yet.

        “Now, boys, I am about to open your eyes to something that you may or may not have wanted by the moon goddess. Be aware that this does not usually happen in supernatural history,” Queen Cara spoke as Kasey and I were utterly confused by her cryptic words.

        Though, we nodded, anxious to know the information that Queen Cara kept to herself till now.

        “Alphas, your mate is here.”

        And that was definitely the last straw for pent up emotions, as I abruptly stood up and let out a growl.

        “That’s impossible, there is no way that our mate would be among the people with us, we would have surely known. And a mate is a treasured privilege given by the moon goddess. It would be shameful to know that our wolves could not even identify our mate when she is right underneath our noses. Wait, there are no women that accompanied us. Are you claiming that our mate is male?”

        Before someone could answer me, Kasey spoke from his chair, not bothering to stand, “Are you mocking our incapability of finding our mate? Ones as yourselves were thought to be kind and truthful. Tell us why we should believe anything that you speak of.”

        “Cara, I told you not to enclose this information to them. Speak no more of their mate. They are now riled up and believe nothing of our promising words. They should have been able to solve this dilemma themselves,” King Caspian scolded Queen Cara softly as she sighed.

        “I couldn’t hold it in Cas, it was impossible to watch the unnoticed motions of the mates without them even knowing. It is better that they know, it will make each one stronger and a better leader for their people.”