1- Welcome to My World

Elian’s POV

        The sounds of the radio radiated throughout the car, with the words of “Big, big booty. What you got a big booty.” being repeated as my head was leaning on the car’s window, watching the world around me go at a rate much slower than I can fly. Occasionally, there were indentations on the ground, underneath the vehicle, that were significant enough to be felt by the passengers. When each one was felt, my head would harshly be in collision with the window in which I rested my head upon. After a few occurrences of the same action being repeated as well, I sighed in irritation and straightened up in a sitting position as I glared at the window.

        Normally, I wouldn't be so easily angered by the mere taps of my head against a window, but the inevitable time of coming face to face with the ones I have betrayed continuously for nearly a decade came nearer than I hoped for.

        It’s been three years, since my surroundings have changed permanently. The supernatural world was torn in two, between what was desired and what was needed to be done. Practically three years ago, one supernatural being came out to the world, in the need of acceptance of others that weren't in the same predicament that he had been in. Everyone on the planet of Earth knows his name, everyone in the mythical realms know his name, and I’m pretty sure everyone will know who he is in the future as well.      

        Acario Bagni.

        His name literally meant an ungrateful, public bath servant. Other than his selfish persona, he was deliberately limited in his ability to think properly. He was a vampire, one that was recently made in Italy, and roamed the streets with no control of what crimes he had committed. It is the law, that if a vampire happens to turn a human being into a vampire of their own kind, they must take that vampire into their home and provide safety and security to everyone else until the bitten human is fully under control of their mind and actions.

        Evidently, that  notion was not given to Acario, as he exposed himself in broad daylight as he feasted on a young child in front of the eminent Trevi Fountain. Obviously, there were other motives of his actions other than not truly knowing what he was doing. Every vampire always has a sense of mind before they puncture their extracted fangs into the neck of a human being, for the smallest amount of seconds, they are mentally reprimanded for the action they are about to execute. When taken into questioning by the Court of Vampires, he confessed to believing that the human world demanded to be given the reality of the supernatural beings that are among them.

        Acario was denied the right to protest against his punishments and was sentenced to death in the next few minutes of his confession as it was the Court’s decision. After his death was sentenced, the entire realm of supernatural beings was ordered to lay low for a few weeks, even months until the humans became forgetful. Forgetful of the viral pictures and videos that were taken of the traumatizing experience. An abundance of humans already believed that the scene was made for a movie and the movie crew needed unsuspected citizens to play the part of the setting, so their reactions were genuine and true. Honestly, it was the optimum excuse at the moment and to say the least, the Court of Vampires took advantage of the humans’ in denial minds.

        In spite of an immense portion of the humankind feeding into the idea of the movie scene proposal, there were others who had created websites and awareness groups against us, particularly vampires. Now that some humans believe in vampires, it has opened the doors to the other beliefs of other mythical creatures such as werewolves, witches, and of course, fairies.

        The little girl was also taken into custody by the court and was raised by one of the superiors. Her family and friends were found and compelled to force their experiences and memories of the little girl to slip from their minds.