19- War and Despair

*Picture Reference: The Unseelie Court's castle and its surroundings.*

**[A/N]: I usually have so much to say in these author notes. Haha, I got nothing on me right now. Hope you like the chappie! Oh wait! I do! Please, please comment. I love smiling and grinning at the comments you leave me. They honestly make my day.**

Elian's POV

Honestly, how did I get myself into this shit?

Here, I stood in front of the Unseelie Court's castle. My company was comforting to say the least, with the twins, Nikolai, and Ambrogio. This wasn't very planned and calculated correctly, but everyone seemed to just go with the flow.

Doesn't anyone ever figure out that that is how they get themselves killed?

It was all Nikolai's plan to be honest. His proposal was to make it seem like the revenge was going to be filthy and we ended up settling for a talk. That's the proper manners of the Fae for you, well those a part of the Seelie Court. He had decided that the most mature matter to handle this situation was to go confront Aeron and the Unseelie Court. It would provide me answers without putting up with a fight at all. I mean, there aren't a lot of disputes between the Fae and other races so I wouldn't really know how to approach this matter. And I suppose it is a live and learn experience.

My surroundings took me back to reality.

The air around the castle grounds was dark and dreary. There weren't any guards stationed anywhere. Order was definitely not present within this part of the Fae realm. The Unseelie Court despised order and anything closely related to how the Seelie Court ran things. I was fidgeting around in my hovering position as I waited for the castle doors to open and be greeted by Aeron.

"Eli, babe, please calm down before we go back to Italy," Kasey advised.

I frantically shook my head and tried to speak with a proper tone but epically failed, "I'm about to lose my shit in a minute. Do not order me around like that. I'll choose when I am ready to go back."

Kaspar lowly chuckled with his deep and raspy voice that made me weak at my knees, "Quite bossy and improper now, are we?"

I rolled my eyes and completely disregarded my indecent behavior, "Shush, peasants."

"Oh, just wait until we get back home," Kasey threatened as I secretly smiled.

All this was, was just a talk. To understand where the hell this belligerent fool was coming from. I wanted nothing to do with violence and scheming plans. One wrong word or suggestion that there will be a fight, and Nikolai and I will teleport elsewhere with our mates. Sure enough, Aeron and the rest of the Unseelie Court will have enough dignity to recognize my terms for the time being.

The sleek, black doors were opened and out came Aeron. He wore common Fae attire but with all dark and saddening colors. His wings were all black and held no sparkles or shine. Overall, his choice of color for his clothing made him appear to be an intimidating figure. If only I were an incompetent Fae, I would be tricked into believing an ounce of that bullshit.

I swallowed a laugh and did what was respectfully right, I met him halfway and shook his hand.

"Lord Elian, long time, no see," he noted as he acknowledged who was present with me.

The Alphas growled with a warning as if Aeron couldn't come any closer without the chance of them ripping his head off like a stuffed doll. In that moment, I knew that I was grateful to have my mates in my life. To protect me when I need to be and defend me at all times. I glanced up at both mates and grinned in appreciation for their bravery.