27 ~ Avoidence

Paradise

"Can you just tell me what happened?" Lindsey asked me as I sat up from my bed.

It's been 2 days since me and Tyler had fought. I've been 18 for 2 days too. I haven't seen or talked to Tyler ever since. I mean it's all my fault. I'm so damn stupid and selfish to accept the fact that I, Abigail Parker, am in love with Tyler Green. I don't know why, it just happened. He makes me feel different. A different that I like. He makes me feel wanted, compared to when I was with Sam. Sam. He was just using me. He just wanted to show off to his friends that he could get any girl he wants. Why am I so damn stupid?

"Abigail! Hello?" Lindsey screamed while waving her hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, and nothing happened," I said faking a laugh. "My stomach was hurting so I decided to go home."

Man I am so bad at lying...

"Really? Do you really think I'm that stupid?" she said while rolling her eyes. "If you won't tell me, I'll just have to ask Tyler..."

"Why? It has nothing to do with him!" I screamed cutting her off.

"Whatever. You suck." she whined.

We were in a moment of silence till Briana came into the room. She was looking beautiful as always. Her blonde hair was up in a ponytail, she was also wearing a sun dress.

"Why are you smiling?" I said standing up to brush my teeth.

"Well you know how the summer ball is coming up?" she grinned.

"You guys have a summer ball?" I asked while I brushed my teeth.

"Yes?!" she squealed. "So, I decided to buy my dress today."

"Good for you." I said, which made Lindsey giggle a bit.

I then began brushing my hair. I was debating whether to go to work today or not. Mr. Murphy had told me not to go to work today, but I wanted to.

Eww.

"I want you guys to but your dress with me!" Briana said. "David and Ryan said they would come along with us. And no. I did not invite Tyler to come along," she said putting up 2 fingers to represent quotation marks.

"Oooo, so are you and David like a thing now?" Lindsey giggled.

"Actually..." Briana said blushing.

"No effing way!" Lindsey squealed clapping her hands.

I rolled my eyes, "Gross."

"You're just jealous!" Lindsey said.

Briana laughed, "Just get ready we're leaving soon."

"Who said I would be going to some stupid ball?" I said.

"You're Mom. So stop complaining." she said and she was gone. Lindsey soon followed her looking pissed.

Ugh! I was told about the ball yesterday. Supposedly it was something they had every summer before school started. They would always have a theme of the ball. This year they had chose a masquerade ball. And even if I didn't want to go, I still would have to. Since it was being held at the house. Yes, Aunt Jenny's house.

When we reached the mall, I ended up getting lost. Briana and David had disappeared. Even Ryan and Lindsey. Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have came. I decided to go to the food market and get some Chinese food. I sat down alone at a table and just stared at everyone passing by. There were literally couples everywhere. Holding hands, hugging, kissing. I couldn't help, but think of Tyler. Why did I reject him? Maybe I was scared. Scared of getting hurt again.