2 ~ My Rich Cousins

Paradise

They had announced that it was time to board the plane. Everyone seemed to have been in a hurry to get on. I, on the other hand, took my sweet time. I ended up being one of the last ones to board.

The flight attendant had told me what my seat number was. She had also pointed out where it was. I walked till I found row 14. I was in seat 'B' which meant I was in the middle. I quickly placed my suitcase in the luggage compartment and took my seat. 

I was in between two males. The one seated closest to the window, aka my favorite spot, was reading a book. He had dark brown hair with a clean cut beard and mustache. By just guessing, I would say he was around 25 years old. He glanced at me which made me quickly turn away. I didn't like making eye contact with random strangers. 

Now, the closest one to the isle looked around my age. If anything, maybe a year younger. He had medium length hair and thick eyebrows. You could say he was attractive, I guess. 

I took my phone out to check for last minute messages before take off. I was hoping to find a text from Sam, anybody really, but I had none. I frowned but decided to look at some old pictures that I had saved on my phone. I found pictures of Lindsey and I. Some even had Sam in them. There were also pictures of me and my parents. My heart ache a little. 

That was when I noticed that the boy next to me was staring at what I had on my phone. He was looking at my pictures. Creep.

"Umm...can I help you?" I asked him.

"Oh," he blushed. "No, sorry."

I nodded, faked a smile, and rolled my eyes.

~*~

The older guy was asleep the entire flight. He had even laid his head on my shoulder. I attempted to move his head to the other side, but it was no use. I had glanced at the other boy  who seemed to be giggling. This made me glare at him.

"It's not funny," I mouthed. 

He immediately stopped laughing and looked away. Within a few minutes, he was sound asleep just like the other dude. 

When we landed I hurried out of the plane. All I could think about was never wanting to encounter any of those boys again.

The first thing I did was get some food. So, I bought food from the first, fast food place I saw. I had ordered a cheeseburger with some fries. While I was eating I felt my phone vibrate. I took it out and the caller ID said Briana. I picked up and placed the phone on my ear.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Abigail, hey! I'm right outside entrance."

"Oh ok, I'll be there soon. Maybe in about 10 to 15 minutes."

"Ok, can't wait to see you," she squealed, hanging up.

I got lost. The airport was so big it was like 5x the size of my hometown mall. I know there were signs saying where the exit was, but I just couldn't find it. It was as if my brain was dead.

I finally had the guts to approach a girl, who obviously worked there, and asked where the exit was. At first she laughed. Then she realized I wasn't joking and told me.

As soon as I went through the exit door of the enormous airport, I felt something hit me hard. It was super humid, and the sun immediately started blinding my eyes. I looked around trying to find Briana, but then I realized I don't even know, or remember what she looked like.