28 ~ I Hate You

Paradise

"Do you really have to leave?" I asked my mother and father.

"Sorry, pumpkin," my Dad said patting my shoulder.

My parents are heading back to Utah. Supposedly they had something really big come up at work? I tried telling them that I wanted to go too, but of course they said no. Good news though, Lindsey is planning to stay for the rest of the Summer. I'm glad she is. At least one person from home is here with me. It's been another 3 days. I've avoided Tyler and he did the same. Like he had no problem with it. Like nothing happened. I haven't seen Sam. So, good. I've been working with John and David at the restaurant. John isn't as bad as I thought he would be. Maybe he really was drunk and just didn't know what he was doing that night.

"We'll see you in a couple of weeks," my Mom said kissing my cheek and pulling me into a tight bear hug.

"I love you," I said. Again I began crying. Why was I so freaking emotional. I never was till this summer. I mean, I was never even close to my Mother or Father and here I am. Crying. Maybe it was because of everything that has happen to me this summer.

I really shouldn't even be worrying about any of this. I mean, I'm going to be in college in a couple of weeks. I have a future to fulfill.

"I love you too, sweetie," My mom said hugging me once again. My Dad later joined in kissing my forehead.

"I'll see you guys soon," I said as they went in their car.

"Bye!" they both screamed in unison.

"You'll see them soon," Lindsey smiled at me and I nodded.

"I need to get ready for work," I said weakly smiling. I ran up the stairs to dress in my work clothes. Which, included a white polo with the logo and black jeans. I quickly head down the stairs and get in the car I rented for the summer.

I open the door to the restaurant. It was still closed, but Mr. Murphy, John, and David were already there. And this girl. She didn't look familiar. Weird...

"Abigail! Meet your new co-worker," Mr. Murphy said smiling.

"Hi, my names Selene," the girl smiled. She had long straight hair. It was the light brown. She was average height. A few inches shorter than me. Both David and John were staring at her.

"Hi, Abigail," I smiled back.

"Well, get to work!" Mr. Murphy laughed and headed towards his office.

"So, where you from?" David asked, obviously really curious.

"I just moved here. I'm about 3 hours away from here," she said blushing. I just stared at her.

"We'll I'm going to start cooking," John said. I followed him, leaving David and Selene behind.

John just stared at me, "Did you know?" I asked and he shook his head. "Oh, well Imma start preparing the tables," I said as I walked away.

After about 4 hours of working, I was finally on break. I was in the kitchen with John as he cooked.

"How are you doing?" he asked while stirring a bowl and I just raised a brow. "You and Tyler."

"Oh, nothing." I replied. Did he really need to bring him up?

"You miss him don't you," he asked looking up at me and I look away. "You needa talk to him."

"No."

"You should. Cause you're obviously hurting because of him. He needs to know."

"When did you become such an expert," I smirked.