Special: Hot Spring of Eternal Love and Friendship

The "Friendship" part is referring to Kaori and Yue's friendship with (YN). And to those who are still hoping for a (YN) x Yue pairing in future chapters, hate to burst your bubble but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Our group of seven were at a hot spring. Yue, Kaori, Shea and Tio were on the women's side; meanwhile Hajime and I were on the men's side relaxing as my cute daughter jumped from the water.

(YN): That's enough, princess. Don't play too much in the water.

The small, blue-haired mermaid swam over me and settles down in the space between my legs.

Myu: Okay! But it's impossible for me to stay still while in the water!

Hajime: How come you didn't want to go with Yue and the others?

Myu: Papa would be bored without me. That's why I stayed!

(YN): Well, I wouldn't be bored since Hajime is here, so...

Hajime: He would be totally ultra bored without you.

(YN): Oh, shut up.

Kaori: Eh?! You want to know?! You want to, don't know?! Do you want to hear it that badly?! I mean, it's a secret between me, Hajime-kun, and (YN)-kun. But you'are going to ask anyway!

Kaori smiling confidently at Yue as the vampire princess showed not even the slightest interest.

Yue: No one cares about how you met my little brother and Hajime, Kaori.

Shea: Exactly!

Tio: Umu.

(YN): Yue, I told to stop referring me as your little brother to other people!

Hajime: What's the problem with that? You call her your sister all the time.

(YN): Have I ever said I was perfectly fine with her calling me that?!

Hajime: You have.

(YN): I should drown you right now for making that up.

Kaori: Okay, I'll tell you! It all started during our second year of middle school...

With their curiosity piqued, Shea and Tio instantly leaned in wanting to hear more. Yue gave her full attention to Kaori.

Kaori: When the first time I laid eyes Hajime-kun, he was in front of (YN)-kun, who was fighting two boys who were harassing a grandmother and a little boy. I was too afraid to do anything. Then Hajime-kun was groveling in the front of the boys.

The others' eyes and lightly gasp as Kaori described Hajime's action.

Kaori: Back then, Hajime-kun wasn't as strong as be is now, and (YN) was human but still strong. It's easy to solve things with violence you strong. But there aren't that many people who are weaker that still have courage to be humble for others.

Myu, who listening to Kaori's story from our side, looked at me and Hajime an amused expression.

Myu: Papa, Uncle, you're amazing!

We look away with embarrassing but confident smiles.

Kaori: That's how I became friends with (YN)-kun and never took my eyes from Hajime-kun since.

Yue: Stalker.

Kaori: Yue!

Tio and Shea look away while casually whistling. Kaori pouts at Yue but ceased it when something struck her mind.

Yue: What?

Kaori: I heard how you all met Myu-chan, but when and how did you meet Hajime-kun and (YN)-kun?