An Unexpected Reunion Pt. 1

We're on our way back to the familiar town of Horaud. Shea was riding my bike, Hajime was driving the jeep with Yue next him, me next to her with my daughter Myu Tsugikuni on my lap, and Tio in the back.

Shea: Hya-hoo!

(YN): Must she always do that whenever I let her ride my motorcycle? It's not that serious.

Hajime: She sounds like she's pretending to be from the wasteslands of the North Star.

Then she sticks her butt up on the bike, displaying herself to everyone in the van, and giving me a sweet moment for my mental folder.

Shea: Butt up! Rabbit time!

(YN): I have to told her to stop doing that!

I press a button to roll down the window, then stick my head out.

(YN): Shea! Sit the hell down or I'm never letting you ride it again!

The blue-haired rabbit smiles at me, shakes her butt one last time, then finally sits down.

(YN): I swear, she is so hardheaded.

Myu: Papa! I want to do that, too!

(YN): I am certainly not letting you do that, princess.

Myu: Awww!

Yue: Leave him be.

(YN): I'll help you get on it later, so sit tight till then.

Myu: Okay...

She lowers her head in disappointment.

(YN): Oh, cheer up, Myu. You know your Papa does not want to see you upset.

I pet her on the head which brings a smile on the young merkid's face.

(YN): There's that sweet smile!

Myu enters a fit of laughter as I rub her on the head again. I look at Yue who's looking at me with smile.

(YN): What?

Yue: I'm just glad to see my best friend happy and smiling again.

I return her smile with my own.

Hajime: (YN), you might want to do something about your hardheaded rabbit.

I look at Shea who's now literally standing on the bike.

(YN): I'm so going to hurt her after this.

Yue: Just like with the rest of us, your Papa's worried about you, Myu. That's why he's overprotective.

Hajime: Extremely.

(YN): They're right, Myu. I just want you to be safe like everyone else.

Tio: You're such the adoring parent! This unexpected kindess is quite exciting...